Sharing my sorrow

Jennifer V.
on 8/12/06 7:35 am - Waynesboro, VA
Vacation. Oh how we had looked forward to our tradition week in Myrtle Beach with all the women and children in the family. Yesterday we traveled to N.C. We always spend the night in Selma to break the trip up for the small children. This morning we got a call at 3:30am with the tragic news. My cousin, my best friend in the whole world, answered her cell phone to receive the call the wife of every police officer lives in fear of. Her husband had been killed in an accident in Colonial Heights on his way home from his shift. Another officer was in a high speed chase, and hit our Jamie. He died at the scene. He left 3 precious children and a devastated wife. We're considering maybe going to Virginia Beach after the funeral for a few days so the kids can have a little vacation and try to begin their healing process. If any of you know of a reasonable priced hotel (with kitchenette) or condo, please let me know. Please pray for our family, and please pray for the family of the officer who was in pursuit. He will also have to endure a very painful emotional healing. Love to all. Jenn
prissy25
on 8/12/06 7:48 am - Barboursville, VA
Hey kiddo sorry about your tragic and you and youir family are in my thoughts and prayers, Im headed to beach in the morning we are staying at the Red roof inn 89.00 a night sun threw wed anyway 15 mins away from beach,http://www.redroof.com/reservations/inn_details.asp?num=0093&VID=&NOA=&aYr=&aMo=&aDa=&dYr= &dMo=&dDa=&CP=&TA=&BTR=&BTRSID=&redi= you may try them they have other room. Have fun.
Betsy Anitahug
on 8/12/06 8:21 am - Danville, VA
Hi Jenn...I am so sorry about that tragic news...it is devistating I am sure. I am sure that you would be willing to give up vacations forever to have Jamie back but it won't happen. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers...along with Tammy's nephew, Mark. Sometimes we think that our lives are bad until we read and hear of others sorrows. I am truely sorry, Honey and if there is anything I can do, please let me know.. Hugs and prayers coming your way.. Betsy
wanda
on 8/12/06 9:54 am
Jenn, So sorry to hear about your loss. I heard about that accident on the news this morning. Your entire family is in my prayers. May God's love comfort you in this time of grief. Hugs, Wanda
kabarron1
on 8/12/06 1:07 pm - Hopewell, VA
Jenn, I'm sorry to hear about your loss. My soon to be ex-wife grew up in Colonial Heights. I called her after I heard it was a Colonial Heights Officer and she was friends with him from what I gathered. She was very upset as well. Please accept my condolences and pass the same along to your cousin. Keith
Christine Hood
on 8/12/06 1:59 pm - Fort Eustis, VA
Jenn, I am so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family. Christine
A10sFrau
on 8/12/06 2:43 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
I am sorry to hear of your family's loss. It has been a bad summer for young people . Lois
Chyanne2u
on 8/13/06 6:11 am - Kings Mountain, NC
Dear Jennifer, I am so sorry to hear about this. I live in that area and I work in Colonial Heights. It definitely hit home. What a tragic accident to have happen. My prayers are with your family and especially Officer Sears family. Time will heal and only grace will help them get through this time of grief. Lots of Love Kathy
Ernurse323
on 8/13/06 9:42 am - Virginia Beach, VA
All that is just terrible. I am so sorry. Big Hugs, Dana
(deactivated member)
on 8/13/06 12:02 pm - Remington, VA
Jenn, I read your post earlier, but was unable to reply until now. I"ve been thinking about it since I read it. I'm so sad for you family. I hope the coming days are filled with some joy and remembrance! You're in my thoughts and prayers. And good luck getting some R&R! Kirsten
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views