worried about the hair loss

jessicafrombeach
on 8/7/06 3:49 am - PORTSMOUTH, VA
ok so i decided i am going through this surgery thing, i am really excited yet nervous but on the other hand i have very thin hair now so will i be bald a couple of months after surgery. Does anyone have any suggestions to help with the hair loss, i am very self cautious about it now.
(deactivated member)
on 8/7/06 5:55 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
I have very thin hair too and I am just over 5 and a 1/2 months out and so far have not lost any hair at all! I am told that if you do lose any it will all grow back in and that you will never go completely bald so please don't let this be a deterrent to having surgery - not everyone loses hair and as much as I don't want to lose any I am so thrilled at being 72lbs lighter that I can live with the hair loss........ Jackie
Ernurse323
on 8/7/06 10:54 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Jessica.... Just don't even worry about it. I am at the stage where it is coming out in many many long stands now. I could get real upset but I chose to just remain calm...lol. I have also told myself that if I lose too much I am gonna go to Hot Topic and get some wild cloths and sport a goth look for a while...hehehe Right now just focus on the surgery and how great you are gonna feel and how good you are goinna look in the smaller cloths by Christmas. The hair will come back !!!!!! Even now...the weight lose is worth the hair that I am losing. I wouldn't change a thing. Hugs, Dana
xray
on 8/7/06 12:25 pm - Quinton, VA
I am one year out and have had no hair loss-not everyone does! Just make sure you take your vitamins and get all your protein in! Debbie
sanguinarythorn
on 8/9/06 4:43 am - Newport News, VA
I started my hairloss around 5 months out from surgery. I didn't go bald or anything like that, but it did come out a lot while in the shower and while brushing and wound up very thin. I just made sure to continue to take my Biotin and make sure I was eating enough protein, and now at 16 months out, my hair is back with abundance! Don't let the hair thing stand in the way. Your hair will always grow back. Always.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views