Your First Pureed Food?

Mojodiva
on 8/6/06 2:39 pm - FPO, Japan
Ok, Tuesday is my big day for pureed foods after two weeks of liquids. I am trying to decide what to make for myself so I thought Id ask everyone what their favorite pureed food was (and you can post the recipe!) or what you had to have for your first pureed meal. Even if its low for protein, I can add my unflavored Unjury to it!
Ernurse323
on 8/6/06 10:38 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Hey Gail !!! Wow..I can't believe it has been two weeks already for you !!! Is that dang G-tube out yet? Geshhhhhh..that was the worst part !!! Do you think you can handle blenderized tuna with mayo? Or soft crab? Dr Clark said he really wasn't worried about the pureed if it could be chewed well into a mush. How are ya feeling? Big Hugs !! Dana
(deactivated member)
on 8/7/06 12:03 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
I never really ate pureed food as my doctor told me to chew it very throroughly and if I could get on with that not to worry about the pureed - so thankfully I never bothered..... Congratulations on geting this far!! Jackie
Christina R.
on 8/7/06 8:28 am - Reston, VA
My first "meal" in the hospital was pureed chicken (I think!) that was super moist (with broth?) and applesauce. Since then I've enjoyed lots of things but my staple is refried beans or SF peanut butter. This soup is really good too (I got it from my nut's newsletter): Baked Potato Broccoli Soup 3 medium potatoes, peeled Half bunch of fresh broccoli 1/2 cup quick rolling oats 5 cups chicken stock (low fat, low sodium) 1/2 tablespoon curry powder Chop potato and broccoli into bite size pieces. Combine all ingredients in a large pot. Bring to a boil and simmer 30-45 minute or until vegetables are very tender. Puree the soup in a blender. You can add other vegetables or chicken if desired. Top with your favorite cheese. Email me if you want a few other recipes. Basically though, you can try anything as long as it's the consistency of applesauce when it goes down. Christina S
A10sFrau
on 8/7/06 10:02 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
I am still big on cottage cheese and yogurt. Now I add cherry tomatoes to the cottage cheese and blueberries to the yogurt, but I love them both. Another favorite is tuna salad. What a treat when you have been off food! I actually had Chik Fil-a's chicken salad before I had tuna. YUM. I also had refried beans several times, but got tired of resultant gas. Good luck, Lois
deltawoman10
on 8/7/06 1:59 pm - Roanoke, VA
I have put vegetable soup in the blender and pureed it until it was like baby food. It's pretty good. Moniqe D.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views