Looking for support

kmoubray
on 8/3/06 1:39 am - Bunker Hill, WV
I am looking to find some good people that have gone through or are waiting to go through the WLS. I have found 2 surgeons that accept my insurance and have made an appointment to talk to my PCP because my insurance requires it which I'm sure most do. My appointment with her is 8-18-06 so I'm getting excited about the things to come!!!!!
Tam
on 8/3/06 3:16 am - Richmond, VA
Kimberly, Welcome! You have come to the right place to find all kinds of people that are a great source of information. We have people here that are post op, pre op, denied, "rny"ers, lap banders, etc. We are a great bunch here that is very open and honest about the whole procedure, usually. I am sure there are some that prefer not to share their experiences, but for the most part we all share. I am here if you ever want to chat or have any questions to answer. I am 15 months post op and down 199 lbs with about 15-20 more to meet my revised personal goal. I have met and exceeded my surgeons goal many months ago. What surgeons take your insurance? Tammy
kmoubray
on 8/3/06 7:39 am - Bunker Hill, WV
Hi Tammy!! Thanks so much and I look forward to talking more with you about WLS. The 2 surgeons that I found are in Morgantown, WV, Dr. McFadden & Dr. McNatt. I had to do a search with my insurance company several times and finally figured out a plan of action. It was very frustrating at first. I am 37 years old and I am tired of living the fat life. I've never been thin, I started gaining weight and developing when I was eight years old. That is awesome to be down 199 lbs!!! You go girl!!!!! Tell me if you had any complications and some of what you went through. Kim
Betsy Anitahug
on 8/3/06 10:00 pm - Danville, VA
Hi Sweetie...Congrats on making a very valuable decision to gain your life back! Don't get discouraged and don't give up during the process. We have all been through alot to get this surgery and it is well worth it. Good luck and keep us updated. Hugs, Betsy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views