Im HOME and Feeling Very Sore!!! LOL

bicolasawa
on 7/30/06 1:12 am - Chesapeake, VA
Hello everyone!! First off I would like to send a big THANK YOU to everyone who has suppoted me and helped me through this process. I would also like to THANK everyone who signed my online support page and would also like to THank Cheryl for coming to see in in the Hospital... It was really nice to see you and I ended up with a angel afterall! I came home on Sat evening around 6 pm, The reason I was late was because they wanted to put 2 more bags of iv fluid in me. They said I was dehyd and that was normal. Well they couldnt find any veins to do that. They stuck me 5 times and missed all 5 times. Well Needless to say I have had enough and told them no more. They told me they were gonna stick it in my wrist on the inside(VERY SENSATIVE) I told them NO and they said I had no choice.. lol The laugh is on them because I made them get my doc on the phone. Anyways he just sent me home. I rehydrated myself. I am doing well and I am VERY VERY VERY sore. My back probley hurts worst than my tummy because I am using all my back muscles. Im guessing this is normal.I walk everyday although the first day in the hospital I was trying to walk and almost passed out 2 times. lol But I tried. I am home and doing well. Thank you all again. I am so excited to be on the LOSER bench I just dont know what to do.... I will be posting again soon. I will talk to ya'll later.. Lots of love, Autumn
Betsy Anitahug
on 7/30/06 4:26 am - Danville, VA
Aww Autumn..I am so glad to hear you are doing well. We have all been through the first couple weeks and they aren't easy at times. Just keep a postitive attitude and you are going to do wonderful. I know all about the getting "stuck" a dozen or more times....I had mine open and was in the hospital for 5 days....complete with IV's. Once they were going to go and put one in my neck....OMG....thankfully an er nurse came in and tried one more time and was able to get one going. I was bruised for weeks. I am very happy to have had the surgery and given my life back. Hugs, Betsy
bicolasawa
on 7/30/06 10:11 am - Chesapeake, VA
Hi Betsy, Oh Im so glad they didnt try your neck... I know that would have hurt too! I cant wait to be posting with tons of energy and always busy doing somthing... lol I do feel better now. I walked up and down my street 3 times today and took a nice long nap and I am about to walk again.. I am giving myself the blood thinner shots with no problems and I ate chicken and some mashed taters today.. I LOVE the fact that Im not hungry and No more hunger pains.. I do have to sit and make myself eat.. Liquids Im getting down more than 48 oz. Im glad about that... It was hard the first day but now seems easy... So far.. lol Im ready to have my life back too! Talk soon!! XOXOX Autumn
Christine Hood
on 7/30/06 9:33 am - Fort Eustis, VA
Welcome home ya big loser!! So when are you gonna be up for those line dancing lessons!! LOL Christine 253/214/134
bicolasawa
on 7/30/06 10:15 am - Chesapeake, VA
Hey Christine, I am looking forward to them! lol As soon as Im not sore I will be calling you to go for lessons!! It will be fun.. IM READY TO DO THIS!! LOL Talk soon! Autumn xoxoxo
Amber B.
on 7/30/06 10:57 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Hey, Autumn, so glad to hear you made it home. I wanted to come see you, but I'm still not driving. How did you like the nursing staff? All but one round were wonderful, I plan to go back and visit them soon. They were angels. I feel almost completely normal and I'm down 20 pounds already!!! I've been walking, but always inside, try not to walk too much outside, it's just too damn hot girl!!! Sorry to hear about your back, I'm in no pain now, hopefully yours will be gone sooner than you think!!! As soon as your up to it and I can drive, I would like to come meet you and see how you are doing!!! Take care of yourself and I can't wait till you are up and running. Sounds like Dr. Spencer did a good job! Congrats, Amber
bicolasawa
on 7/30/06 1:08 pm - Chesapeake, VA
Hey Amber! I am feeling better but not top notch yet.. lol I liked most of the staff except the day time staff.. They sucked. That is part of the reason I got dehydrated. They would bring me ice and water fast enough. One time it took them 2 hours to get it to me.. And when I would call the nurse through the call button they were really rude in answering me.. Like I was bothering them. But the nurses were pretty good. Some were wonderful others had there name on the board and I never seen them... I hope my pain goes away fast.. I can tell its getting better but I want it gone. lol .. I would love to meet up with you when we are both able to!! That would be great! We will keep in touch for sure. Well Off to bed for me now... Talk soon! Autumn
Tam
on 7/30/06 9:46 pm - Richmond, VA
Autumn, Welcome home! Glad to know you are doing well and that you "stuck" up for yourself at the hospital! My back hurt the worse after my surgery, too. Glad to know that you can keep your own seat on the bench warm...now we can make room for someone else! {hugs} Tammy
bicolasawa
on 7/31/06 9:57 am - Chesapeake, VA
LOL Tammy! I love the way you word things! Im glad to know that I wasnt the only one whos back was hurting. Im glad to be a cheerleader for someone else now! Thank you for your support! I look forward to meeting you sooN! Autumn
Ms Court
on 7/30/06 11:13 pm - Remington, VA
Sounds great Autumn. Welcome to the losing side. Courtney
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views