Century is for ME!

~ Julie ~
on 7/28/06 10:55 pm - Reston, VA
RNY on 04/18/06 with
Today, I made it into the Century Club. I could have lied and said that I had made it last week -- here's my logic. When I had my INITIAL CONSULT (this is what I'm basing this on; my sister told me weight lost is weight lost, whether you did it yourself or whether it was postop) the SURGEON'S scale said 399. When I was running around to all of the preop testing, I weighed in the hospital. It told me I had lost quite a bit in only a few days, I was skeptical. I went back to the surgeon's office and sure enough, his scale was 5 lbs heavier than the hospital one. I was mad, because I did not LOSE 3 pounds, I had gained 2. (because I wasn't drinking enough water -- word to the wise) So last week I had my 3 month visit. My scale was telling me 301. I wasn't fazed by this, I KNEW for a fact that the surgeon's scale would weigh heavier. Before this point, I was telling people what I had lost based on my initial consult minus what MY scale said, which was inaccurate. So, when I had my appointment, sure enough, the surgeon's scale was reading 306. Really, no surprise there. This is all setup to explain how I came about my numbers. Since I had not weighed in literally about 15 years before the consult, I had NO IDEA what I weighed. My first reference was the surgeon's scale, which is what I have to go by. Now, you could subtract 5 from that and get 394 as my initial weight, or you could add 5 to what I am now, and have 299 as my current weight. Either way, I don't care. 399 (surgeon): March 2, 2006 294 (my scale, adding 5 would be 299 on the surgeon's scale): July 29, 2006 And I wore the same clothes that I usually wore to the surgeon's office (though now they're way too big, and the differential is only about a pound) and I made sure it was 294.0. It had been 294 point something (+/-) since Wednesday, but that was not good enough for me. Yay! Out of the 300s and into the Century Club! Julie 399(s)/371(s)/294(mine)/160
Christina R.
on 7/28/06 11:07 pm - Reston, VA
Julie! Congrats! What a major accomplishment! I can't wait to join you in the 200's and the century club! Maybe you could recalibrate you home scales to match the surgeon's? Christina S
~ Julie ~
on 7/29/06 4:58 am - Reston, VA
RNY on 04/18/06 with
Thanks, Christina! It will happen sooner than you think. There is no way I ever thought that I could or would have come this far in this short of a time. It still seems pretty unreal. I have been tinkering around with the home scale and can't find how to recalbrate it. Besides, I like weighing the lower amount, haha. I think I'm just going to get it in my head to lower the beginning amount by 5 and just read what's on my scale. Apparently I am not the only person with a complaint about Dr. M's scale -- Pam in the office told me everyone hates it because it weighs heavy. Good luck! How're the puree's treating you? Refried beans were my favorite. Julie
Kathleen L.
on 7/28/06 11:33 pm - Arlington, VA
Congratulations Julie on hitting the Century Club.
~ Julie ~
on 7/29/06 5:00 am - Reston, VA
RNY on 04/18/06 with
Thanks, Jasmine!
Tam
on 7/29/06 1:21 am - Richmond, VA
Whoo-hoo Julie! WTG I am doing the happy for ya! {hugs} Tammy
~ Julie ~
on 7/29/06 5:01 am - Reston, VA
RNY on 04/18/06 with
Thanks, Tammy. Lots of happy going on this weekend!
Kitty Kat
on 7/29/06 1:53 am - Richmond, VA
I am sooooo happy for you! You are looking so fabulous and hint hint you NEED to come again and SOON! Your journey is going to continue getting better and better! CONGRATS! Kitty Kat
~ Julie ~
on 7/29/06 5:03 am - Reston, VA
RNY on 04/18/06 with
Thanks, Kat. I promise to get down there and do some as soon as I can. And you're right; I can't believe how well it's going so far, and I can't imagine what's in store for me next. I hope everything is going just as great for you! Julie
Kathy & Rich
on 7/29/06 6:09 am - Fairfax, VA
Julie, You are too precious for words. Your math there made my head spin. However you figure it out, you have done a fantabulous job!!!! Congrats on the Tootervilles and the Century Club. Great accomplishments! Kathy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views