Just want to let everyone know......

mmaroberts
on 7/29/06 12:39 am - Somewhere in, OH
I AM HOME! I went in on the 25th and came home on the 27th with no complications. I did however have nausea from the medication used during surgery and my IV came out in my hand. That hurt really bad. And my J-tube was very very painful. I couldn't wait to get that out. It didn't hurt when they were taking it out. It caused a lot of pain and swelling while it was it. I am trying to get all of my fluids in but it's very hard. I am guessing that part will get easier as time goes on. Well, until next time. Malinda
Tam
on 7/29/06 1:25 am - Richmond, VA
Malinda, Welcome home and to the losers bench! I did not have a drain so I can't speak to that but I know you were glad when it came out. I had the nausea, too, and they gave me some great meds for that! Getting in all of the fluids and protein does get easier. Just remember to keep sip~sip~sipping away right now and do the best you can. {hugs} Tammy
Betsy Anitahug
on 7/29/06 9:16 am - Danville, VA
Wow, Malinda....What an amazing journey you are getting ready to go on. Like Tammy said, make sure you sip sip sip....that is the most important thing early on. Welcome to the losing side. Life only gets better from here. Hugs, Betsy
Mojodiva
on 7/29/06 11:24 am - FPO, Japan
Heya Malinda! We had surgery the same day and I was wondering where on the floor you were. I was in room 519. I was also released on the 27th at around 11:30. I walked a few times but pretty much stuck to my room, I was surprised how wiped out I was. I really shouldn't have been. Today is the first day I got in all my protein AND all my water. It was still 'work' but less of a struggle. It will get better!
Michele R.
on 7/30/06 12:02 pm - Pittsfield, MA
Congrats Malinda! Things will get easier so hang in there and like everyone says sip your water ALL FLIPPIN DAY! Walk walk walk. The more you move the faster you will heal! Get goin! Hup 2 3 4! The more you work on the fluids the more you can get in. Hugs! Shele
(deactivated member)
on 7/31/06 1:34 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Hi Malinda, I promise it does get easier every day - just keep drinking and walking! The hospital part will fade soon and you will be in a very exciting time! I never had a j-tube so I don't know what that would have felt like but I totally sympathize with you Take care Jackie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views