URGENT - URGENT - PRAYERS PLEASE

(deactivated member)
on 7/28/06 8:14 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
I posted a couple weeks ago about my x husbands wife Barbara Jones going in to have her RNY with Doctor Hutcher . She is now in ICU at St.Mary's - she has a leak . They will be determining today if she needs surgery to repair . They have inserted a tube for now to drain her . She also has a fever of 104 Please pray for her and her family . ..Now here comes the part I get angry about . You will ask . Wow how did she get a leak .. Not only did Barb not quit smoking .. but she decided to go out shopping the 3rd day home from her surgery - Barb had OPEN .. ... no water .DEHYDRATED ... no rest .. I am asking that all of the pre-ops here take heed .. please if you are smoking .. quit ... and follow your doctors orders ...and you will be successful . I begged Barb to take this serious .. and that when Doc Hutcher ask you to quit .. you must do it . I told her that it would effect her healing . . I wish her nothing but the best... but it saddens me that this gift we get is taken so for granted.... when there are others out here who want this so desperate . Take care , Tink
Tam
on 7/29/06 1:22 am - Richmond, VA
Consider it done! Tammy
(deactivated member)
on 7/29/06 1:30 am - Fairfax Station, VA
Hi Natalie, I like you of course do not want any harm to come her way, however, I get sad when I hear of post ops, new and old, doing things that they know are not in their best interest. There comes a point when you have to take responsibility for yourself, and the best surgeon, nursing care, hospital care, is not going to do it. Too bad she made some bad choices and hopefully she'll pull through this with no problems and it will be a good teaching lesson to her, and other as well. The thing that is frightening to me about this surgery is I have heard of many post ops who do everything by the book, the vitamins, the protein, etc, and still some unknown thing rears it's ugly head - so even in the best of cir****tances you have to be mindful and be aware of what is going on. But I guess to knowingly do something, well, I don't know Natalie, I just have to wonder. The best to her and her family love donna
(deactivated member)
on 7/29/06 1:50 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
GREAT POST, gorgeous!! I've found myself shaking my head a thousand times, over the last five years. It really makes no sense to INCREASE your odds for risk(s). Us WLS peeps already agree to take on a whole list of unique risks the second we got up on the table, why add to it? I wrote a "Tough Love" rant [it's in my profile], about 3 years ago. I'm sure it probably needs all kinds of tweaking at this point, but I remember when I posted it, how many people got PISSED, took major exception, told me I had little to no compassion for people if that's how I really felt. We all stumble, trip up, yada yada yada. The truly sad thing, SOME of those that argued the loudest about the risks/issues I addressed in my rant, are now living it as their reality. Have a great weekend, Wendy is on her way and we're meeting a few friends at the boardwalk, life is GREAT!! Love you - ME
Amber B.
on 7/29/06 1:48 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Sorry to read about this, she is definitely in my prayers! Amber
cpatters
on 7/29/06 6:05 am - Rockingham County, VA
How awful! I will be praying. God Bless!!!! Cathy
Betsy Anitahug
on 7/29/06 9:08 am - Danville, VA
You are such a special lady, Nat and she will be in my prayers. Let her know I am thinking of her. Hugs, Betsy
Mojodiva
on 7/29/06 11:27 am - FPO, Japan
Hoping for a speedy recovery and definately sending her the best so that she takes better care of herself!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views