Do my "cute fat pants" fit??

Divalicious
on 7/27/06 10:13 am - chesapeake, VA
Well, it's a month later and guess what? And 4 months after my surgery (is that right - 4 months?) I've hit my next goal. That's right - I'm at 275!! This is smaller than my wedding weight and (like I said in my last entry) it's time to go through my closet to see if some of my "one day I'll get back into this" cloths can fit me. To be honest, I'm a little afraid - what if I try it on and it's still too tight, I have to loose more weight, I'm not as small as the scale said I was - that's a first. There was a time that I sqeezed my way into cloths (that were obviously too small for me) regardless of how big I was getting or what the scale said. You know, "this will fit ---- just --(grrrr) a ---(uh) little---- (pant, pant) a little(grrr) ---more". Now I'm just a little nervous. I guess to me, seeing myself in those old clothes will be the final confirmation that I'm doing it, I'm on the right track, I've made the right choice. And if they're too small well I'll think - "what's wrong with me, what am I doing wrong, I should have never done this." Well, I'll know for sure this weekend. Until then... Take care and stay blessed!!
Kathy & Rich
on 7/27/06 10:58 am - Fairfax, VA
If the clothing that you try on is too small... just set it aside and try it on next week and the week after and so on. Play a game with yourself and try to guess what week it will fit. Because... as you see that the weight coming off... there is no question that at one point... IT WILL FIT. Be warned... if you do not repeated try it on... you might pass it by. This happened to me a few times. It was stuff I wanted to get some wear out of. Kathy
Betsy Anitahug
on 7/27/06 11:26 am - Danville, VA
Oh Honey, like Kathy said...try it on every week...and please don't get discouraged! I, like Kathy have bypassed many of cute pants and shirts because I didn't try on often enough. I have had some really hard stalls but getting focused again. This surgery saved my life and I am so much better off because of it. My life has changed so much and I am so grateful. Don't ever get discouraged and don't be afraid to try it on...if it is still too small, you will still see the difference. Hugs a bunche Betsy
(deactivated member)
on 7/27/06 9:17 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
....I loved this portion of your post!!!!! "You know, "this will fit ---- just --(grrrr) a ---(uh) little---- (pant, pant) a little(grrr) ---more". I'm sure it's cause I could SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO RELATE to it, right down to the grrrrrr-ing and grrrrr-untiing! Uh, in fact, I do believe I was just doing that last night as I was trying to squeeze my backside into a pair of jean capris that had just came outta the dryer. Im not gonna complain too much though, cause I remember (vividly) those days when EVERY THING I OWNED had to be "hung dry" cause I could NOT afford to risk any kinda srhinking in the dryer, ya know? So I guess my grunting moment, trying to struggle into those jeans, are actually part of a 'wow' moment too. Good luck trying those "cute pants" on this weekend - make sure to let us know how it worked out. I suspect you'll be pleasently surprised!!! Oh, one word of warning? Don't wait too long in between "trying on stages" you'll be surprised how many clothes you'll blow right past, in your closet, cause you've already shrunk outta them. Congrats to you - Lei
Ms Court
on 7/27/06 10:55 pm - Remington, VA
A yes the clothing game. It is so much fun. And just think, it isn't bad that you can't fit into something yet, just a great thing to look forward to. Keep up the good work. Courtney
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views