Hello Ladies:

TSChisom
on 7/27/06 12:18 pm - Moneta, VA
I usually just read the post and pray for the cir****tances. I had my surgery on June 20 and to the day have lost 35 lbs. This is my problem and pray that there are others here that can understand where I am coming from. I try to get in my protein and don't always get in what I need. I am lucky to get 30 grams a day. My problem is, I am not wanting to eat anything and the things that I do try to eat, makes my stomach hurt and sometimes makes me sick. I am lucky to eat 4 oz. of food a day. It scares me because I know that I need to eat, I just can't. Also now when I swallow, I feel like there is something in my throat like a piece of hair or something and it makes it irriatating. Help please and let me know what you think. Any recipes or suggestions would be great appreciated. Thanks, Tammy Chisom
Shanana
on 7/27/06 12:40 pm - Altavista, VA
You may want to get checked for a stricture. I hope it gets better. Papaya Enzyme tablets help w/ that stuck feeling. Hope it is better soon. Shannon
TSChisom
on 7/27/06 12:47 pm - Moneta, VA
The wierd thing is it doesn't happen that often when I swallow, just occassionally. I go back to see my doctor on August 8 and see what he says about it. I did pick up some of the Papaya Enzyme so will try that to see what it does. Thanks for your words of advice, I sure appreciate it!!! Tammy Chisom
H. MC
on 7/27/06 12:53 pm - Arlington, VA
Have you tried protein shakes? Not as a main source of food but to supplement on those days you don't feel you are getting enough solid food I find them to be filling later Heather
(deactivated member)
on 7/27/06 1:04 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Tammy - it sounds awful like you have a stricture and you should not wait until the 8th to get it checked out. You need to get your syrgeon's office to look at it now. Have you tried eating very soft foods like yohurt and apple sauce etc? It takes time to learn to eat again but you should be able to eat some foods by now. You need to get help Tammy Jackie
(deactivated member)
on 7/27/06 9:02 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Hello Tammy - Actually, I'll probably disagree with the majority - I am NOT of the mindset that "we have to be getting "x" protein and "x" food and "x" etc" straight outta the starting gate. It took me every bit of 90 days (if not more) to get my new system to heal, adjust and take in the nutrients I was trying to give it. I was a SUPER MORBIDLY OBESE woman - 230 lbs OVER weight, there was NO way my body was going to shrivel up and blow away, the first 90 days, because I couldn't meet what was deemed as necessary to remain healthy. Some days, I'd eat a piece (yep, that's right, just ONE piece) of shrimp and be full, maybe even doubled over, cause the flippin' thing would get stuck. There were some days, I got in 2 protein shakes, in lieu of 1, or maybe only 1/2, in lieu of 3 - there was NO rhyme or reason at the beginning. This surgery comes with a learning and a HEALING curve. Your body has a lotta nutrients already stored within itself, which allows you to remain healthy during this initial stage. I wouldn't PANIC because you're unable to get it all in/right - only one month out. Set up a realistic deadline and allow yourself to trip and stumble a lil bit as you're trying to tweak it. As long as you commit to the 90 day learning curve and getting it all right, between now and then, I suspect you'll not only be FINE and HEALTHY, but you'll see a huge jumpstart on the weight loss. The only TRUE PRIORITY for me - was I never let my H20 fall short. Period. Even when I could barely squeak two drops into the new tummy, I was doing it a thousand times a day, if that's what it took to get in my 64 oz. It's very very important that you don't dehydrate yourself. Also, your vitamins. Your body may have the stored nutrients to survive on, now, but that ALWAYS has to be replenished - take those multis, the citrate, the iron, whatever else the doc has you on, in chewables and don't come up slack on that. The food part of this journey will kick in SOON enough, trust me, for now, enjoy the fact that you're not hungry and have to force yourself to get in that 4 oz. NOW - all that being said, not everyone is wired the same, if you find that your challenges are more then just the "newness" of it all, talk to your doc! Congratulations on your decision to TAKE BACK YOUR LIFE!! Lei
Christina R.
on 7/28/06 10:57 pm - Reston, VA
Lei- As a brand-new post op who was wondering when I should start to be concerned that I'm not doing it all perfect yet, your post has helped ease some worries. Thank you for always being willing to share your insights. Christina S
(deactivated member)
on 7/29/06 12:20 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
My pleasure, Christine! I'm always glad if/when any of my non-stop ramblings actually helps others!!
(deactivated member)
on 7/29/06 12:22 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Aaaargh, sorry, I really hate when I mess up someone's name - wish I could edit that. I meant Christin-a
Tam
on 7/27/06 9:46 pm - Richmond, VA
Tammy~ I agree with Lei's post. It took me forever to get in all of what I needed and now I have a system that works well for me. I have two protein supplements a day (minimum) and that gets me 53 grams of protein in. I get the rest from food. Most days I average about 100 grams but there are days when I am lucky to get in 50 grams. I still have no desire to eat (15 months post op). I know this will change so I am making the most of what I have now. Just remember to get the water and vitamins in and try your best with the protein. It will come and you will work out the system that works for you. Good luck! ~Tammy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views