Introducing myself

liatha
on 7/27/06 4:56 am - Woodbridge, VA
I signed up here a few weeks before my surgery, but I don't get in here very often so my apologies for not doing this sooner. My name is Denise. I'm a single mother of a wonderful 9 year old boy. I've struggled with my weight my whole life, but then so have most of us, eh? I weighed 345 at my worst.... right up to the day of surgery. I had medial RNY. lapriscopically, on July 7th, 2006. In the first week, I lost 17.5 pounds. The second week, I lost another 10.5. I'm three weeks out now, and am mostly eating solid foods (sans red meat and raw veggies). I'm having trouble with constipation, so I haevn't lost anything this week, but I just found out what it is safe for me to take so that should be corrected in a couple of days. So far, everyone has been extremely supportive of me. I've been very, very lucky. Aside from the constipation, the only issue I have had is a small infection in one of my incisions that is almost cleared up. Today, I got news that since I'm tolerating most solid foods so well I can stop powdering all but my largest meds... which has me VERY excited, because powdered pain meds are NASTY. Doesn't matter what you mix it with, it's still vile. And that is me in a nutshell. HI folks!
Christina R.
on 7/27/06 8:32 am - Reston, VA
Welcome to the VA boards!! Christina S
Betsy Anitahug
on 7/27/06 8:54 am - Danville, VA
A Big Welcome, Denise...this is the best board there is. You can't find a better bunch of supporters and friends. It is a wonderful family and we always enjoy meeting new "tiny pouch people"! We have so mu*****ommon and we really bond. I had my surgery in Dec 2005 and have lost 80 pounds...With alot of stalling in between. I am 56 years young and wish I had done this years ago. Can't wait to get to know you better. Welcome again and please post often. Hugs, Betsy
Andrea N.
on 7/27/06 11:47 am - Ashland, VA
Hi Denise and welcome! My name is Andrea and I had my surgery five weeks ago tomorrow. (my story is in Tink's post just below if you would like to know more) I am very glad you came by and introduced yourself! Keep coming back - this board is great with a ton of wonderful people. Hugs, Andrea
prissy25
on 7/27/06 12:08 pm - Barboursville, VA
Hi Denise and welcome we are glad to have you on our board.
Amber B.
on 7/27/06 1:13 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Hi, Denise! Welcome. I completely understand you on your meds. I finally got to my PDoc today and had him change one of my meds to liquid. I'm only one week out and I've been cutting them into tiny pieces and swallowing them because the taste is so bad. I would just dry heave. Congrats on the weight loss, that is awesome!!!!!!!!! Stick around here, there are so many good answers to all questions. It's the best place for all gastric bypass patients/family. Amber
Tam
on 7/27/06 9:28 pm - Richmond, VA
Hi Denise and Welcome! I look forward to learning more about you and your joourney. Tammy
(deactivated member)
on 7/27/06 9:29 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Hello Denise, Nice to meetcha' .....I'm Leilani! LOL -- oh, and not only are the powdered pain meds nasty, but so are the LIQUID ones. When I had my RNY, the doc sent me home with Liquid Lortab... good gawd almighty, the thickest, sweetest, nastiest stuff you can possibly imagine. Oh, and like that's not bad enough, it was INTENSIFIED just because my entire system was outta wack. So things smelled stronger, tasted stronger, etc. I tried the liquid stuff, ONCE! It literally came UP as fast as it tried to go down. Ugh! Hey? On the constipation issue (lol, gotta love a message board that allows us to introduce and meet for the first time then immediately go into constipation chat, huh?) ...anyway, not sure what you're able to do to help you with it, but this is what I did and it was a life saver. BENEFIBER!!!!!!! One of the FEW products on the market that actually DOES what it advertises and TASTES like it advertises, absolutely tasteless. No granuals, no clumping, no taste, nada, just white powder that disolves in ANY liquid you add it too. My first year outta surgery (maybe longer, I dunno) ...but I always had a big scoop of it in my morning protien shake. NEVER had a problem with the plumbing, afterwards. Oh, word to the wise? STAY AWAY from their "orange chewable tablets" ...I bought those when I went to Scotland last year, didn't want to take "white powder" on a plane, ya know? Anyway, thbose tablets are HUGE and chalky and ...er, did I mention, CHALKY? They glued my mouth shut, till they disolved. LOL - husband enjoyed the few minutes of peace and quiet, though!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views