I AM ON MY WAY !!

(deactivated member)
on 7/24/06 3:39 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
For those of you that do not know . I am now under doctors care to treat a tumor on my Adrenal Gland . This is a very large tumor . I applied to NIH ( Nationa Institute of Health ) to particapate in a study of my tumor and it's removal . My surgeon Dr.Hutcher has agreed to write for me a letter recomendation to the NIH doctors and to ask for them to place me in this study . This means they will test my adrenal functions and perform what ever surgery is necessary to save my adrenal gland . They do perform this surgery laproscopicly which will save me from having a rib removed . Saving my adrenal gland will also allow me to refrain from any lifelong use of steroids . Tommorow I see Commonwealth to get all my letters done and my endocrine blood work up done for submision . I would have never know about this program - But My Alan suggested I do my homework to see if there was a study being done at NIH .. as He is the NIH Police Trainer Sgt. and if not for him I would have never thought to do this . I would be instead of saving my gland .. I would be off to remove it all with out any foresight at all . I thank God each day for him .. as I know he was brought into my life for so many reasons Wish me luck as I still must submitt my letter of reccomendation to the team of doctors and will be doing this tommorow . Love to you all ! Natalie
prissy25
on 7/24/06 4:02 am - Barboursville, VA
Your in my thoughts and prayers best luck to you Tink!!
(deactivated member)
on 7/24/06 5:14 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Good luck Natalie and I hope they accept you in their study! And Kudos to Alan for even thinking about it! You are very lucky to have him in your life - and he is lucky to have you too!! love, Jackie
Amy B.
on 7/24/06 5:37 am - Hampton Roads, VA
Some things are just meant to be! Sounds like you have a gem of a guy there! Best wishes to you in getting accepted into this study. Very happy that you have the possibility of that option. Please keep us posted and take good care of yourself... Amy
Kathleen L.
on 7/24/06 8:05 am - Arlington, VA
Tinkerbell, Best of wishes to you and you will be in my prayers.
jilldennis
on 7/24/06 9:20 am - White Post, VA
RNY on 08/30/05 with
Natalie - you are definitely in my prayers! Let me know if you need anything. Love you bunches! Hugs Jill
Michele R.
on 7/24/06 12:03 pm - Pittsfield, MA
Nat...Alan is amazing. What a wonderful ingenius idea of him to come up with. I would have never thought of that either. I hope all goes well with the paperwork and you get things taken care of nicely. I will be rooting for you in prayer. Hugs.. Shele
Ernurse323
on 7/25/06 1:23 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Hang in there Natalie. Just wanted you to know that I am thinking about you. Dana
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views