Good Mornign VA

Ms Court
on 7/23/06 11:31 pm - Remington, VA
How are you today? I had some major realizations this weekend. I have been struggling lately with stress in my life and dissatisfaction with certain areas in my life. I have noticed an increase in wanting to snack because of this. I took some time this weekend to really relax and unwind and think about me and how I want to handle things. As I looked at some of my choices and how I have been handling things I didn't beat myself up over the few poor choices I have made as far as my eating was concerned. Most of my stress are things that are out of my control and I realized that I just need to give them over to God. As I was thinking about the dissatisfaction in my life, I realized that it stems from being happier with myself and wanting more out of other areas of my life. As I have thought about how to handle the changes I want to make and how to go about getting started I realized something major. Normally when this would happen to me it stemmed from being miserable with myself and my appearance. As I sit here now those feelings are not in my mind. There are definitely still some days that I don't like what I see etc. but deep down I know I am a beautiful person and I am so proud of what I have accomplished in the last 8 months and proud of the decisions I made in order to have a new healthier me. Courtney p.s. My sisters talked me in to looking in the juniors department at the store over the weekend and sure enough I walked out of the store with an absolutely hot & sexy shirt that I proceeded to wear out dancing. I bought & wore a shirt out of juniors dept. I can't get over it.
Ross C
on 7/23/06 11:52 pm - McLean, VA
Court! I'm glad you've taken some time to examine yourself.... (ok that came out wrong ) But it's good you did... *hugs you tight* I'm proud of you as well! You've come a long way Baby! and you are coming into your own... I know what you mean about the Juniors dept... I convinced a good friend to buy a medium Tank top... and she was like umm not gonna fit... but when she sent me pictures of her in it.. well... it looks amazing!!! she is so flabbergasted that she fits into a medium... I'm glad I was able to help her realize that she is smaller then she "sees" in her head... I know I am too... It had been FOREVER since I took pics of myself like I did this weekend... I'd not seen my body like that for a LONG time... it still amazes me... You need to dance your hot heinie down here to come out with me Gorgeous! you're not that far away!!!! I got a sexy shirt this weekend... well I think it's all punky and bad-A$$ looking... *grin* you'd love it! If myspace ever comes back up you'll have to check out my new pics... I'm wearing the shirt in some of them... *hugs* -Ross
Ms Court
on 7/24/06 5:11 am - Remington, VA
You are right I do need to come out there and see you & Kat. Hopefully soon. Things have been crazy here. Court
Kitty Kat
on 7/24/06 1:18 am - Richmond, VA
Hey Beautiful, Yep, been there and am MAKING those changes NOW. I too got to the point where I would get stressed and it had a snow ball effect. So, I said ENOUGH. I am living for each day in the moment and now when it comes to making plans...well I will make then but NEVER say 100% it'll happen because we are only promised today and nothing more. I got to the point where snacking was only making the stress worse because on top of stressing I'd feel like absolute h*ll. I started stepping back and journaling really hard about all the things I see/saw as stressors and issues and began to see that there were many things that I could/can do to make them less or not at all in some cases. It is true there are good stressors in our daily lives but too much and we are all sorts of trouble to ourselves. I don't mean to hijack your post and do it any disrespect but I am sooooo proud of myself as for the first time in a long time I actually stood up for myself and said NO my family comes first and because I am NOT a quitter I have been focusing on them so much more and saying No, I'm sorry I cannot help you felt absolutely liberating. What have I been saying????? I am TELLING you giving it to God is the ONLY thing to do. It has taken me so long to realize that I AM worth it! I have a list of those I pray for which is now turning into a flippin' notebook but I don't care. I mean all types and for all things. At one time I thought it selfish to pray about myself and my needs but you know what since I've started doing so (and I don't mean to win the lottery) I swear to you I feel like weights and I mean WEIGHTS have been lifted off my shoulders. I journal, I garden, I chase the buggas, I say what I feel, I call others more often, I write more often, I find the positives in everything and anything I can even if it SEEMS to be a negative situation. You have come to the realization that you ARE worth it and trust me you are sweetie. I am SOOOOOO proud of you for taking the steps to realize that food can return as a very nasty addiction for us again. Oh man! That ROCKS! You should be soooo proud of yourself. I am still trying to get past the fact I'm not a gazillion lb! I have to be convinced bout how things REALLY look on me too! I will say I am still shopping for me and getting things that show a lil' skin and I feel dang good in them. Soooooo GET OVER IT BEAUTIFUL! Oh AND I ya! Kitty Kat
Ms Court
on 7/24/06 5:14 am - Remington, VA
Kat please feel free to use my post to talk about your experiences because it always help me to see what others have been through and I treasure your words of wisdom. Court
(deactivated member)
on 7/24/06 2:27 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Hi Courtney, I am glad that any feelings of misery are not atributed to you thinking you do not look good. You look wonderful!! You are a great example of how this surgery was designed to work. Okay some days you did not make wonderful food choices but so what? You are human and normal so don't beat yourself up for it - you know what you did and you know how to fix it! You are a beautiful person inside and out Courtney! Never forget that! Congratulations on wearing something out of the juniors department!! And you thought you would never get there!! Stress can cause a lot of damage to any eating plan - if you can destress yourself a bit, life becomes much more pleasant. You are doing just great! I know there are many people proud of you! I am one of them! Jackie
Ms Court
on 7/24/06 5:15 am - Remington, VA
Thanks Jackie. Words of encouragement & compliments are always welcomed. Courtney
(deactivated member)
on 7/24/06 10:00 pm - Fairfax Station, VA
Courtney, beautiful Courtney! I am so proud of you, you are doing awesome. Never forget that you are a beautiful person both inside and out. love donna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views