need to locate surgeon

nbudd
on 7/22/06 2:42 pm - Stafford, VA
I had a wonderful experience with my surgeon but he doesn't do people under 18 and my daughter is in serious need of the surgery. Anyone out there know of a good surgeon in northern virginia who will take a teenager? She will be 17 in October. Thanks,
Kathy & Rich
on 7/22/06 10:43 pm - Fairfax, VA
Do you think she would do well with the lap band instead of RNY? That would avoid any nutrient malabsorption in someone so young. There are a few doctors in the NOVA area who do lap bands that I know of: Dr. Moazzez at Fair Oaks, Dr. Pinar at Reston and Dr. Elariny at Fairfax. Good luck, Kathy
sue baker
on 7/23/06 2:06 am - fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 04/12/06 with
Nikki, I don't see in the profile who your surgeon was. I am in Stafford and used Dr. Halmi and Dr. Tran. They save my life! I am not sure about the age, but I am on the other end (57) and they were happy to help me. look them up....their testimonials are phenominal. Good Luck and lots of prayers for your daughter.
Kathleen L.
on 7/23/06 10:18 am - Arlington, VA
I had a wonderful experience with my surgeon, but I don't know the age requirement. His name is Dr. Hazem Elariny, he is located in Vienna.
Tam
on 7/25/06 3:15 am - Richmond, VA
He is not in NOVA, but Dr. Hutcher does teenagers. He did my cousin 21 years ago when he was a teenager and also did my surgery. All in all he has done five RNY's for my family. He is here in Richmond. Tammy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views