Knocking it off my list Part 2

H. MC
on 7/21/06 1:37 pm - Arlington, VA
Hey all thanks for all the shoutouts of support I love this OH site. I don't have a lot of people in my daily life who understands what it means to have a weight loss victory. but let me tell you what happen. My day started off bad. My TOM showed up this morning right on time but I didn't realize the date. I asked my mother to join me at the Park with her hubby. they get their before us and decide they want to park at burger king and ride with us to get in the park to save 10 bucks (ok gettttttttoo) well we talk them into parking in the lot. thankgoodness they left 3 hours before we did. And my band decided to be super tight today. for lunch I ate one chicken nugget, it came back up. I tried again around dinner slow small bites it still came up, what fun!! Well I go to get on the hypersonic, but they are only running one car, the car seats 8 people and there were at least 100 people in the line. the wait would have been too long. I like to ride as many short line rides as I can then late in the evening when most people have gone home ride the more popular rides. Well at 5pm there were signs of a thunderstorm coming. Kings Dominion closed all the big rides. bummer. IT DIDN"T RAIN FOR 2 HOURS. I was mad!!! well 8pm the rain stopped but they still were not going to open the roller coasters. But I was determined to have my Victory. So I left my hubby and Kids in the kiddie area and i headed for the sonic. There is a chair that is at the beginning of the hypersonic line, this chair is there so you can see if you will fit on the ride before you stand in the line. the park was completely desserted by the time I went to the chair. I sat in it and BUCKLED IT with room to spare. Had it not rained I would have been able to ride that ride with no problem. I sat there all by myself and I just cried. I FIT, that's all I wanted to do was fit. I didn't have to ride it. For me that's a victory!! well if you made it this far thanks for celebrating in my joy. May you all knock something off your list this month Later Heather 237/222/177/125 PS if my boobs had popped out I would have bought the picture, and shown it to you guys LOL!!!
Jennifer V.
on 7/21/06 11:08 pm - Waynesboro, VA
What a victory !! I'm going to KD Aug 5. I won't be able to fit in the seat yet, but I'll know that by this time next year I'll probably have the out of control boob syndrome too. My goal for this trip is just to be ble to keep up with my family without having to sit down so much. Have a great weekend !! Jenn
(deactivated member)
on 7/21/06 11:50 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Heather what a wonderful victory and I understood why you cried - this year I will cry too when I fit in it. I never even tried before because I knew I probably wouldn't - but this year I know after losing 70lbs that I will fit in it!! Bless you! Jackie
Stacey D.
on 7/22/06 6:37 am - Harrisonburg, VA
Heather, First of all you look so amazing! And I know you are just filled with happiness and those are tears of joy! Keep up the your amazing journey.... GOD bless, Stacey
Betsy Anitahug
on 7/23/06 9:55 am - Danville, VA
Heather, Sweetie, I know just how you feel. You had that victory, Hon....even though you couldn't get on the ride...you fit...I am so proud of you and I can feel your tears of joy....I flew to Washington State this month and Honey, I didn't need an extention for the seat belt...what a joy that was. I was able to carry my luggage and make it to the plane on time!!! What a joy that was...I am able to get down on my hands and knees and play with my grandchildren and walk with them.....life only gets better!!!! I am so happy for you and I still laugh when I read Lei's "boobs popping out story" .... Hugs Betsy
Dawn C.
on 7/23/06 10:50 am - Annandale, VA
I do so love this board!! I identify so much with all of you...... and I've not even been approved for surgery yet! One of the things that has bothered me for years was the KNOWING that I am too heavy to ride rides at an amusement park. I have avoided them for ten years now. One of the things on my list to do is to comfortably and without fear of being too large, go to an amusement park and ride whatever I want with my kids. KUDOS To you Heather for meeting yet another of your goals!!! I have a mental list of things that I want to do to reclaim my life with WLS, and now I am motivated to write them down, print them out and look at them daily.
Ms Court
on 7/23/06 10:57 pm - Remington, VA
Absolutely marvelous!!! I knew you would do it. Keep marking those things off of the list. Courtney
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views