Lot's of throwing up going on here.

Jennifer V.
on 7/21/06 10:34 am - Waynesboro, VA
I have been throwing up at least once per day since I went to pureed and soft food. In the mornings I take my vitamin, my Pepcid, and try to drink about half a cup of milk or water, then I leave for work. i have had to stop every morning this week at a local car wash on my way to work to "fertilize the plants". I think the little Spanish trash emptier is starting to think I'm a nut. Today, I had mushy tuna for lunch (for the first time). It came up within 15 minutes. It felt fine going down. This evening I took the kids out to Crackerbarrel. I had Pinto Beans (I smashed them) and Hashbrown Casserole. I didn't even eat half of either of them and had to rush to the bathroom.Once I throw up I feel fine. What am I doing wrong? Jennifer
prissy25
on 7/21/06 11:13 am - Barboursville, VA
You arent doing anything wrong you need to contact ur surgeon and be tested for a stricture, I didnt have one but I had a very sentitve gage reflex, ended me up w/ feeding tube and had to be rehydrated. Let me know if I can help email me ur #.
Shanana
on 7/21/06 11:16 am - Altavista, VA
It is just trial and error girl. I am lucky and eggs just did me that way. I still have not eaten tuna since November. Dont even like the thought of it. Try new stuff at home at night and on the weekends and just stick to what you know is ok when you got to work.Luckily I was off pureed before I went back to work. Yogurt does very well w/ me so that may do good for you for breakfast and maybe even snack. You may want to try w/o the milk and see if it works better later. I could drink it early on but now i limit it. Sometimes it does ok, sometimes it dont. Hope it gets better from hear. I had to measure my food at first. I always got sick eating out early on. I could measure at home. Try soups if you go out. Just some suggestions. Love ya girl. Hope it gets better soon. Also, have you gotten any Papaya Enzyme tablets. They help me alot. Call if you need to. Shannon
Christine Hood
on 7/21/06 5:02 pm - Fort Eustis, VA
Hey Jennifer! Papaya Enzyme has saved me from puking many times...you may want to try it...you just chew a couple up and within a few minutes, the pukey feeling goes away. Also, be careful that you aren't eating too much...that will DEFINITELY make you sick. 2-3 ounces should be max. My eyes are sometimes way bigger than my stomach and if I over eat, I feel terrible. If you ate anywhere close to 1/2 of 2 things at a restaurant, sounds to me like you may have eaten too much. Miss Prissy is right though, you may want to get tested for a stricture. Many times, inability to keep liquids down is indication that you may have one. Good luck! Hugs! Christine
~ Julie ~
on 7/21/06 11:15 pm - Reston, VA
RNY on 04/18/06 with
Just like everyone else said, only I'll add eating too fast to the list. At three months out, I still have a problem now and again with eating stuff too fast (which truth be told is probably how I gained the weight in the first place). Anyhow, make sure you try (at a restaurant it's not real easy) to measure everything out, and then concentrate on eating what you've set out over 30 minutes. Also, use small cups. (I was eating out of the smallest Gladware (half cup) for the longest time and making it last 30 minutes. It's tough, but it doesn't come back) Then one day, at about 6 weeks out, I was HUNGRY (I was hungry early out but the longer time goes on the less hungry I get) so I ate two teaspoons of cottage cheese, one right after the other. Right back up. Ate it too fast. Try your best to get used to the purees. It only gets tougher when you move onto "real" food and have to chew. And chew. And chew. I miss steak. Anyhow, eat slow, try new things at home, take your time. Good luck! Julie
Chyanne2u
on 7/22/06 12:03 pm - Kings Mountain, NC
Hey Jennifer, I agree with what the others are telling you about eating too much or possibly eating too fast. Either will make me puke too. I have thrown up twice due to that and also drinking before or after eating will do it too. I now time myself for 30 minutes before I eat anything and 30 minutes after before I drink anything. Try these things and I sure hope it improves. As for tuna, that's not on my mushy food list. But then I am only 3 weeks out. I have not been introduced to meats at all yet. That will come in my next stage of food choices. Yogurt & cheese seems to be my two best friends. Also, eggbeaters go down good. Lots of Love Kathy 305/275/185/160
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views