Knocking it off my !!!

H. MC
on 7/20/06 1:59 pm - Arlington, VA
I am a little nervous, tomorrow I am going to conqueor#3 on my goal list. And that is to ride the hypersonic in 2000 I was unable to ride the coaster because I was too fat. I am still nervous that I will not be able too. It was very humilating watching the attendant struggle to close the latch. at the time the sonic was brand new and they were not using extender belts. We stood in line for one hour, I watched several people being told they couldn't ride. I was in the line hoping out loud I would make it on the ride. the latch went in but it wouldn't click, it was like 3 cm away for latching but the attendants were told not to force it if it wouldn't click without force I couldn't ride. I was devastated, So tomorrow I will ride that dang thing because I have to, WLS for me is about celebrating victories and reclaiming my life from "the weight". Later Heather MC 237/222/180/125
(deactivated member)
on 7/20/06 8:16 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Grrrrr, Ive tried to reply THREE times now and it keeps timing out -- if this reply shows up a gazillion times? Blame it on the OH-Gremelins!!! Attempt # 4 Hello Heather - You're gonna have a FANTASTIC time - my best piece of advice for you? Wear a very good form (tight) fitting BRA, before you get on that ride!!!! Trust me on this one! Rather then retype the entire story - I'll just cut and paste it below, but this is one that I shared with Kim C. last month when she was thinking about heading to Kings Dominion and that was one of the rides she wanted to conquer again, too. ENJOY your DAY and placing another check mark to another goal ACCOMPLISHED! Hugs - Lei ::::::::::::: CUT AND PASTE BELOW::::::::::::::::: Hubby and I go out to Kings Dominion Amusement Park, because wifey (moi) wants to be a KID for a day, and ride ALL the gazillion roller-coasters. Every time we go, Im dragging him all over the place, worse then a kid, trying to get on each ride. Granted, I beat his arm till it's black and blue the entire ride, because Im terrified, but hey, that's half the fun. Anyway, they have one there, that's kinda hard to describe, but it's all run on hydraulic air. They shoot you STRAIGHT UP about 150 feet, you slide over about 3 feet, then plummet down. All in about 3 seconds. It's just that fast and if you wear dentures, you've left them at the starting line. Well, I thought I was prepared? I'm holding on tight, strapped in ....THRUST.........swoosh, we're off. On the way down, something damn near knocks me out - I look down and the "girls" have come out of my tank top. I've lost so much weight (about 150 lbs at this point) that even the NEW bra's won't keep them in their place, long term. Sheeeeez, so Im screaming from fear, screaming from shock, screaming, well, because I'm a woman, and I CAN. I quickly grab them and do my best hiding, maneuvering clutch and shove. Unfortunately, and this is the really embarrassing part. I was NOT able to regain my composure before those BLASTED cameras went off. You know, the ones that take your picture at the most opportune *scream* time? Oh, I was screaming all right, ugh!!! Then of course they plaster the photo(s) up on large digital screens so as you're exiting the ride, you (and everyone else) can view them for purchase. This is all done digitally, so it's not like anyone that works there views them before they get posted so they automatically load them all. [sigh]....need I say more? I laugh about it now, a lot. At the time, I was so shocked and in a panic, trying to get off the ride then running to remove the evidence..... so laughing wasn't on the immediate agenda. OH!!! ....and like it couldn't get any worse? We were there with another couple, who (unfortunately) witnessed it all. The guy worked on my husbands sub, so Paul caught a major earful the next day from about 150 sailor-dudes! I'm not sure how he puts up with me and my little ooopsies, in life! For those that are wondering: 1) NO, I didn't buy the picture and I wouldn't let my hubby buy it either. I all but threw my body on the counter over the computer screen, until they removed it. Who woulda ever thought the 'girls' could twist and bend like that? Eeeeek! 2) YES, I did have a bra on with the tanktop. But, well... when you lose the weight, you lose your war with gravity and things flop around. LOL, nuff said. .
Ms Court
on 7/20/06 10:43 pm - Remington, VA
OMG Lei!!!! You always have the best stories. What is it about you that attracts these absolutely hilarious situations. Anyway what a wonderful way to start the morning. Courtney
(deactivated member)
on 7/20/06 11:38 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Oh my goodness I am laughing so hard here!! Now there would have been a pic we could have blackmailed Lei with lololol!! I think that is a ride I better not do or I will get a couple of black eyes as well!
Betsy Anitahug
on 7/21/06 5:34 am - Danville, VA
Oh, Lei....You are just so precious...I love to hear or read your stories....still the chinese one still sticks in my mind with the "you no pay"....You tell wonderful stories and this one left me in histerical laughter. Wish you lived closer to me....you could cheer up anyone. Love ya and can't wait to see you again... hugs, Betsy
Bookworm5648
on 7/20/06 9:18 pm - Manassas Park, VA
Good Morning Heather I went to Kings Dominion about 2 months ago with my husband, and it was the first time in like 10 years. We rode all the coasters!! But I do agree with Lei. Hypersonic is awesome, but my boobs also flew out of my bra, but luckily stayed UNDER my shirt! hee, hee. It was actually kind of funny. Have fun!! Stacy
Shanana
on 7/20/06 9:21 pm - Altavista, VA
Sounds like fun. Hope you have a blast. Shannon
Ms Court
on 7/20/06 10:40 pm - Remington, VA
Girl knock it off of that list and have a blast doing it. Just remember those memories from the past mold us to be the strong women that we are. And the new memories will definitely be worth it. But after reading all the other posts I will say "Watch the girls". Courtney
jilldennis
on 7/21/06 1:11 am - White Post, VA
RNY on 08/30/05 with
Hi, Heather - by now you are probably at Kings Dominion! You will have sooo much fun on the Sonic. I had a blast!!! It is an awesome ride!!! I went on the ride with my 11-year old son! I actually had room left over in the seat!!!! It was great! Have fun and enjoy your success!!! Hugs! Jill 278-before surgery 133-today-below goal!!!
Betsy Anitahug
on 7/21/06 5:35 am - Danville, VA
Have a wonderful time, Heather....go get them...ride all the rides, girlfriend....you deserve it. Hugs, Betsy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views