Need Advice!

Juliay
on 7/19/06 11:44 am - Alexandria, VA
Hello all...this is Julia. I haven't posted in a while..sorry...been adjusting to my new pouch and getting back to work. Glad to see everyone is doing well. Question: I am 6 weeks post-op. Doing OK on food and getting water in and vitamins. My biggest problem? One day I love cheese-can't live without it. The next day, don't get it near me. That, however, I can handle. I have had a VERY hard time with getting my protein in. I am extra careful to eat foods with as much protein as possible...but I've now tried 6 different protein drinks and they all make me want to throw up. And these days...when my body wants to throw up, I believe it. Now...I know how crucial protein is - does anyone use Protein bars? Prefer them? I seem to do so much better with food rather than sipping on thick stuff. Thanks!!! Julia
Lynne M.
on 7/19/06 4:07 pm - Manassas, VA
Go to a Vitamin Shop and get an IDS protien that comes in a vial. It will probably be either a red/pink or a blue one. They are made for IDS by Protecia www.protecia.com or you can order direct from Protecia. They use the name "Profect' for their product. It has NO whey smell or taste. They can be sipped from the vial (I find them to be really sweet and syrupy that way) or you van pour them over ice and add a vial of water. Gives you 25g. protien with 0 carbs and 0 fat plus other vitamins. If you order from vitalady, she also carries the IDS HTH Lynne P.S. Protecia has 4 flavors and is soon to come out with 4 more. IDS only has 2 (I think)
Christine Hood
on 7/20/06 8:46 am - Fort Eustis, VA
Try Ultramet...it's yummy and no protein after taste! Christine
PSU Nicole
on 7/21/06 5:40 am - Alexandria, VA
Protein bars, in my opinion, are for post-ops more further out. The ones that aren't loaded with sugar alcohols are typically loaded with fat and calories. The ones that are pretty low in calories and fat usually are loaded with sugar alcohols, which make many people dump. There's no rule that says people HAVE to drink protein drinks. However, they're easy and usually easier to tolerate. You could eat all of your protein, but you must be very diligent about eating every 2 hours so that you make your protein goal and watching fat content. You're not far out so you won't be able to eat very much. If you don't like the thickness of your shakes, dilute them with water or milk. You don't have to make them exactly according to directions. A protein powder I recommend is Optimum Nutrition Instantized 100% Whey Gold Standard. You can find it in franchised GNC stores. It's not very thick and it mixes very well. Also, i don't think it has an aftertaste at all. Plus, what's great about GNC is that you can return anything opened within 30 days if you don't like it. Good luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views