Got Appt for consultation

Laurie C.
on 7/19/06 9:19 am - Vinton, VA
Okay so I finally got a call today to make an appointment for my consultation and I am excited but also disappointed because it's not until 9/12. I was hoping to get this rolling sooner. But I do have some questions. My appointment is a 8am and she told me not to eat anything after 7am that morning...I should have ask but didn't because I was so excited but does anyone know why I would need to do this? I'm sure every consultation is not the same but just curious what to expect...how long after it did it take before surgery was scheduled..also just wondering what the different steps on eating after the surgery is...such as food wise and I am sure this may be different with every person but I am just trying to gather as much information as possible to make my recovery faster and inform myself as much as possible .
Kathy & Rich
on 7/19/06 10:03 am - Fairfax, VA
You may want to post where your consultation is and with which doctor and perhaps someone can give you more specific information. As for eating, doctors put people on different plans post-op. I was on liquids for one week post-op and then pureed foods for 9 weeks. (Wasn't allowed raw vegies, nuts, et****il about 10-12 weeks post-op.) My husband was on pureed food right in the hospital. We had different surgeons. Kathy
Tam
on 7/19/06 8:58 pm - Richmond, VA
I am not sure, but this could be for the h pylori test. To have this done you can not eat or drink anything (this includes gum, hard candy, lozanges or mints of any kind) for at least one hour before the test is done. Tammy
Shanana
on 7/19/06 9:52 pm - Altavista, VA
Congratulations Laurie. My wait on the consult was the longest one I had. You better hold on after that. Some insurance holds people up, some drs. Hope yours is a speedy process after consult. Shannon
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views