stark contrasts

(deactivated member)
on 7/19/06 2:06 am - Remington, VA
I am four months and 5 days post op and doing wonderfully. I have lost 50 lbs., and at first one might consider that meager. BUT! I have to admit I have not been on the exercise bandwagon as much as I need to....so it's all good. AND! I am working on getting in at least 4 days a week now.....an improvement from 1-2, definitely! I can tell now when I am full, or too full....not a good feeling! I have yet to truly dump except for about twice. I do get a little lightheaded, and headachey when I've eaten a nono food. Gone are the days of me worrying about whether my pouch works or not! It does! My bras are huge, but I will wear them till I can't anymore....the cupsize I still am it's too expensive to replace them often. I'm about 2 sizes down, from 22 to 18....just depends on the article of clothing, and down two sizes in undies too! My size 18 swimsuits are getting too big on me! I am losing hair, by the strand, but it's managebale. My thighs and arms are incredibly jiggly--just more motivation for exercise! Vitamins, fluids, and protein are a habit now. So for any of you new postops reading this, keep up the good work. Although you might have those days where you quesiton your deicision, it does get easier over time!!! I have joined the it's-the-best-tihing-I-ever-did club! In contrast, four months ago I was depressed at 265 lbs. I lacked a lot of the energy and drive I have now. I was huge. YOu can go to my profile and see some pics. Leave a guestbook message if you visit! Wherever you are in your journey VA good luck and Gospeed!!!! Stay cool! It's another hot one out there! Kirsten
kabarron1
on 7/19/06 3:06 am - Hopewell, VA
Kirsten, Congrats on your success thus far! Keep up the hard work!! Keith 310/185/???
(deactivated member)
on 7/19/06 5:46 am - Remington, VA
Ketih, Talk about success!! Look at you!!! Thanks! Kirsten
kabarron1
on 7/19/06 5:48 am - Hopewell, VA
Thank you. Sweet of you to say. Keith
Ms Court
on 7/19/06 4:22 am - Remington, VA
Wow Kirsten. What a very inspirational message (even for us just a little bit further out than you). You are doing absolutely great. Keep it up. Courtney
(deactivated member)
on 7/19/06 5:48 am - Remington, VA
Courteny! Thank you!! You remain an inspiration to me!!! You're just a beautiful person! Kirsten
(deactivated member)
on 7/19/06 4:44 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Hi Kirsten, I went and read your profile - and left you a message on your guest message book too. You had to fight but you never gave up. I am proud of you!! That will be inspirational to others who are out there fighting too! You are doing really great!! I think this was the best thing I ever did too - I am five months out today with a weight loss of 68lbs. Take care Jackie
(deactivated member)
on 7/19/06 5:51 am - Remington, VA
Jackie, YOu read my WHOLE profile? It always astounds me when people say they did. I don't know why, as I've read tons of others' profiles from beginning to end. Thanks for that and your reply! Congrats on your surgiversary! Kirsten
(deactivated member)
on 7/19/06 7:46 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Yes I read your whole profile! That is the only way you get the full story lol!! Thank you. I just got a call from the doctor's office today to say they had my recent labs and they are very good!! I go for my check up tomorrow with Dr Halmi.... so I feel releived to know that I must be doing somethimg right.....lol Jackie
dreana1974
on 7/19/06 7:50 am - Manassas, VA
RNY on 05/09/06 with
Thats great Kristen! Keep it up girl! Hugs, Andrea
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views