I've got a time now!

Amber B.
on 7/17/06 11:23 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
I just got the call and I have to be at the hospital at 9:30 to prep for surgery, so I'll probably be under the knife around 11:30 and I also found out that they are now taking my gallbladder out. I have multiple gall stones. Fabulous. They didn't mention that at Pre-op, so I am in shock. Oh well, at least I don't have to Actigal for 6 months, 2 less pills a day, woohoo! They can still do gallbladders lap, right???? Amber
Christina R.
on 7/17/06 11:31 pm - Reston, VA
Amber- I'm just a few hours before you (surgery at 8:00a tomorrow). Here's to our speedy recovery and fast healing. I'm keeping my gallbladder though...apparently all was fine with mine. I believe they CAN do the surgery lap still...so no worries! I feel like I'm on an emotional rollercoaster...how about you? Christina S
Amber B.
on 7/17/06 11:38 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
That call just made me a mess. I was pretty okay till right now. It just made it more real, I guess. It's going to be a very long 24 hours. I definitely think we will both do really well and I hope your surgery is uneventful. I'll be thinking of you as they wheel me down the hall. Good luck, Amber
Ms Court
on 7/18/06 12:48 am - Remington, VA
Christina, I have been thinking about you. Wishes for a speedy recovery, & very little pain. Can't wait to welcome you to the losing side. Courtney
(deactivated member)
on 7/18/06 12:41 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Good luck to you and Christina! I have heard that it won't make much difference to you to have your gall bladder out at the same time as they do them lap too - it just means you will be in surgery a little longer. So relax - at least you won't have to worry about getting it out later!! My room mate had hers out and I didn't but we seemed to heal the same in hospital and got out at the same time! Jackie
TrippinAng
on 7/18/06 2:57 am - Glen Allen, VA
Well I wish great success & a speedy recovery. I will be in your shoes in about a month.
Supportgroup4WLS
on 7/18/06 3:34 am - Potomac Falls, VA
Hi Amber, Good luck tomorrow. Yes they can remove gall bladders out laproscopic. They did mine. Take Care, Roberta
dreana1974
on 7/18/06 7:29 am - Manassas, VA
RNY on 05/09/06 with
Hey Amber yes,they can do the gallbladder Lap., It's not uncommon for the Dr. to take your gallbladder, alot of them do it now even if you don't have stones just to avoid any problems later. You will be fine girl! I am very excited for ya! Hugs, Andrea
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views