Hernia?

spaceystacey
on 7/17/06 7:17 pm - Littleton, NC
I know it has been awhile since I have posted, but I have a question! Over the past couple of days I have had some mild discomfort on the left side of my belly. Where the incision was that had the drain tube in the hospital, well there is a small, raised and discolored bump that has been there since the incision healed. My surgeon told me way back that it is just scar tissue. Anyway, I've attributed this pain to gas in the past and gas-x has always taken care of the problem. Tonight, however the gas-x is not getting rid of it. When I press down on that area, the discomfort worsens slightly. I'll be keeping an eye on things and if it doesn't get better over the next couple of days or gets worse, I will call my surgeon. For now though I am not having any problems and everything is working fine. This gassy, pressure-ish feeling is just irking me. Anyway, since I've been up all night, my mind is working overtime and I am wondering if this could be a hernia? What do you think? Thanks for your help! Stacey
(deactivated member)
on 7/17/06 10:07 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Stacey , I have had 11 hernias prior to my surgery in 04 . I have one now but is inoperable . Long story .. Any way .. get to the doctor no matter what . Hernias can be really detrimental , if they are strangling a bowel . IT is better to know than not to know . If you go to the ER they should do a CAT scan . This will show if there is any bowel obstruction or strangelation . Best wishes to you .. now get to the doc ok ! LOL Hugs, Natalie
(deactivated member)
on 7/17/06 10:26 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Stacey, you need to go to a doctor asap and find out what that is. It may be gas but it may be symptomatic of something more serious.......JMHO Jackie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views