Need your valuable input!!!

pse3026
on 7/17/06 1:23 am - Southside, VA
I am in the stage of having my Psychological evaluation...I am going through Commonwealth Surgeons and they have given me the name of 3 practices I can go through...do any of you have any experience with the practices Commonwealth Surgeons recommends and who have you used. What is the process...how long does it take?? Any info you can share is appreciated. You can e-mail be directly if you prefer to give me your opinions. Thanks!
Tam
on 7/17/06 3:06 am - Richmond, VA
I used Commonwealth Surgeons but at the time I had my psych eval they had a psych doctor on staff. My appointment took about 45 minutes and all went fine. I was asked basic questions about my life before and what I expected for after surgery. It is scarry to go in there because you know you need to "pass" it to get approved for surgery but it really is not that bad. Just try and take a deep breath and relax! Tammy
Lorraina M.
on 7/17/06 4:55 am - Ruther Glen, VA
Hi, I too used Commonwealth Surgeons (Dr. Hutcher) and used a lady for the Psy eval, her name was Rona Saunders. I found her to be very easy to talk with, and it was a breeze. Just be honest, i think one of the things they look for is will you be able to adjust to the new lifestyle and be committed to it. Anyway, don't be afraid of it, I am sure it will be fine. After all, they all know we have food issues,,,,,its why we need the surgery to begin with! Lorraine
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views