Another UPDATE....

newme2
on 7/17/06 3:53 am - Woodford, VA
Hello ALL: I am sorry that I didnt reply to you from the other UPDATE, but I was recently put back in the hospital. I was on my way to see my children, and driving...and Blacked out. Man, was I scared. I have been having alot of Heart palpations as well. This is the DR's. reasoning: Because I have lost 107 lbs in 3 months, my body is now trying to catch up. MY potasium (SP?) is low, so I am ordered to eat more things with that in it, plus rest, and OH, NO DRIVING. I am also under alot of stress, GO FIGURE! So, I get a little panic attacks too. HOW NICE! GEEZ!.. NOW, onto Will Be Thin.... He is doing good. He isnt off the TRECH yet, he has been having a bit more aniexity attacks...feeling as if he cant breathe without it, and the the reoccuring dreams of death. So, he is on the TRECH still with VERY low assistance from the vent. They give him adavand when his aniexity acts up. But other than that, his wound is getting smaller, and he is draning less. FINALLY! And no fever, anymore. So, please keep us in your prayers, especially hiim. I thank you all again. And a special thank you to NAT. I dont know what I would do without all your love and support, and keeping me inline. Love you all. Steph
Michele R.
on 7/17/06 6:48 am - Pittsfield, MA
Oh Steph...many hugs to you and Bill. I am so sorry to hear of your having to go back into the hosptial but WOWSERS that weight loss is FAAAST! ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM! I hope you are doing better now and GREAT news about Bill!!! You know dreams of death are actually a sign of rebirth they say! I wish you both the best! Hugs! Shele
Amber B.
on 7/17/06 6:48 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Wow. Good to hear from you, sorry it wasn't better news all around. Glad to see you got through it okay though. You guys are always in our thoughts and prayers! Amber
(deactivated member)
on 7/17/06 7:24 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Hi Steph, Blacking out must have been scary - thank goodness you were not hurt! You have lost a tremendous amount of weight too!! Well done ! Although you could be doing better under different cir****tances. It is no wonder Bill is scared of dying - he came so close more than once! Please tell him we are asking after him and understand his anxiety. Good news that his wound is getting smaller and he is draining less and especially no fever!! He can do this! You guys take care and keep us posted as we all wonder about you two! Jackie
bartswife
on 7/20/06 7:29 am - Las Vegas, NV
Steph: I would love to talk to Bill when he is stronger. I too had similar complications to your husbands and was in the hospital for 28 days. I had my WLS at The Mayo clinic, I was septic and on a vent and in a medical coma. Everything he is feeling is so normal I had a hard time sleeping in the hospital because everytime I would close my eyes I would see myself in a coffin it was horrible and the dreams and such that Bill is talking about it really hits home with me. Reading the updates over the last month have brought tears to my eyes I feel as if I am reliving this all over again. You have been such a rock for him as my husband was for me and I am sure this has been a very hard time for you as well. I will continue to lift you both up in prayer please let Bill know that what he is feeling is so normal and it does get better. After being home a few days things got much better I had a nurse coming in each day because I had a wound vac on me to help heal the wound, but things will start to turn around. Hang in there and please give Bill my Best Wishes. Hugs to you Both, Kristine
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views