5 days Postop..

Kate J.
on 7/14/06 8:39 pm - Hampton, VA
I am having a hard time mastering the liquid diet... I can't seem to get all my water and protein in; maybe I just don't understand the directions. My book which those of you who used the same practice as me might have, outlines three "meals" of juice & yogurt, juice & pudding, and says to sip on 3 cups of protein drink in between. Does the protein drink count as fluid towards my 6-8 cups a day? I think it does; besides I can't imagine trying to get all this plus 8 more cups of fluid. Please tell me if I've got it! Also at this poin****er tastes far better to me than anything else with V-8 being a distant second. Is this normal? TIA Kate
Christine Hood
on 7/14/06 10:38 pm - Fort Eustis, VA
Hi Kate! Congrats on being a loser! Yes, the protein and yogurt BOTH count as fluid! (Oh, so does the pudding). So looks like you've got it! I found the same thing with water. I got so tired of everything being sweet that plain water was perfect. You may also want to try broth or decaf tea in place of some of that juice. I found both of those to be refreshing alternatives to sweet. Hope that helps! Christine
(deactivated member)
on 7/16/06 9:43 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Hi Kate, At 5 days post op it is unlikely you will get all your liquid in - you just have to try and get as much as you can in each day and build up to it..... All liquid counts as liquid including your protein. I am 5 months out and still have difficulty sometimes getting all my liquid in..... just do your best. You have got it! It is also normal to prefer water to other liquids right now - don't worry - you are on track! Jackie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views