Has anyone had this procedure?

prissy25
on 7/14/06 9:51 am - Barboursville, VA
Endometrial Ablation if so did it work? Give me the pros an cons please, had a biopsy today an ultrasound waiting for results before making choices. On my way now for another sleep study wish me luck.
(deactivated member)
on 7/14/06 12:13 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Good luck with the sleep study - hope you get rid of that mask! Jackie
prissy25
on 7/14/06 11:13 pm - Barboursville, VA
Thanks all, home from the sleep study didnt go well couldnt sleep w/out cpap they did say my oxygen levels stayed good but not sure what will come of the test wont know for 2 weeks. Just got that stupid glue out of my hair gosh they put it in so thick, like my hair isnt falling out enough.
Amy B.
on 7/14/06 2:02 pm - Hampton Roads, VA
Hey Melinda, My friend had the ablation. She would tell you the pro is that it's non invasive and you get to keep what you were born with. The con is....it doesn't always last and she's living proof of that. Her's gave her relief from horrible periods for about a year and a half and then she spent 6 months convincing her gyn to do a hysterectomy.....which will take place this coming Monday. I think it is certainly worth a try and I don't recall that she even stayed overnight. I'm pretty sure she came home with some very mild discomfort and played couch potato for a couple days or so and that was it. Good luck on your sleep study! It would drive me nuts to have somebody watch me sleep! Amy
Shanana
on 7/14/06 9:33 pm - Altavista, VA
Hope you feel better soon and ditch the mask Melinda. Praying for you. Shannon
Birdie
on 7/16/06 5:30 am - Gambrills, MD
I had an endometrial ablation about 3 years ago and I have only good things to say. My periods were extremely heavy (and lasted 12-15 days each month) for several years beforehand to the point where I was anemic. They really interfered with my day-to-day normal activities. My previous gyn was going to do a hysterectomy -- I changed docs and the new one suggested trying the ablation first. I chose that route because it seemed much less invasive and the recovery was a lot easier. I had the procedure at 1:00 pm (under general anesthesia) and by 3:30 pm, I was on my way home. I took a couple of days off work -- probably the biggest issue afterwards was tiredness but that could be due to the anesthesia. I continued to have short periods (some very lucky women never get another one after the procedure!) but each month they became less and less heavy. At about the six month mark, they normalized to the point where they now last about three days and I probably use 10% of the tampons I did before the operation. Speaking for myself, I can't say enough positive things about it!!! Good luck with whatever decision you make! Debby
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views