HICCUPS...oh my

Chyanne2u
on 7/13/06 10:37 pm - Kings Mountain, NC
Hey everyone, Ever since surgery when I drink most anything I get the hiccups and it usually takes a while for them to go away. Someone please tell me that's normal. I just figure Maxine (pouch) is not happy with what's coming down. You know Maxine she's a bit ecsentric anyway. Oh by the way, I just love being on the lossing side!!!! Lots of Love Kathy 308/283/185/160
Amber B.
on 7/13/06 10:48 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Man, I hope that doesn't happen to me. I hate the hiccups. Mine don't happen often, but they are so severe when they do, eeek! Hope Maxine chills out soon!!!! Amber
Chyanne2u
on 7/13/06 10:53 pm - Kings Mountain, NC
Hey Amber, Your day is almost here and I know you are getting excited. Believe me when I tell you this is the most incredible journey you will ever embark upon. I am so glad I did it and now I am on my way to lossing. I'm down 22 lbs already.....totally amazing huh? As for the hiccups......they can be embarassing but oh well......I don't care. It's better than being FAT forever!!! Lot of Love Kathy 305/283/185/160
Christine Hood
on 7/13/06 11:43 pm - Fort Eustis, VA
Hey Kathy! I get hiccups when I am full (liquid or solid, doesn't matter). Isn't it great to be a loser! Christine 253/225/134
Chyanne2u
on 7/14/06 2:56 am - Kings Mountain, NC
Hey Christine, YESSSSSSSS......it's great to be a loser!!!! I wouldn't take anything for it. I am so happy with my decision to do this. Each day is getting better and better and I actually slept through the night last night. Yippppeeeee!!! As for the hiccups.........I seem to get them when I'm empty or either right after I drink something. I'm sure it's just something I will learn to deal with. Can't wait to start semi-soft foods next week. Gotta get me some papapa emzyme before then. See how much help everyone's post are too me. Lots of Love Kathy 305/283/185/160
A10sFrau
on 7/14/06 12:46 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
I get hiccoughs and/or burp a lot when I have eaten too much, STILL. It has been a good way to learn to judge how much I am eating, and should no eat. If you want no hiccoughs and belching, eat and drink less. This is just MY experience, though. Others may have other advice. Lois
Tam
on 7/14/06 2:50 am - Richmond, VA
Hey Kathy. For me it meant too much or too fast. I do not get them anymore as I learned quickly! Hope you are doing well otherwise. Tammy
sue baker
on 7/14/06 11:11 am - fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 04/12/06 with
Kathy, Maxine is a perfect name, though in the beginning I wanted to call her Karma. I too get hiccups, sometimes even now (13 weeks out). I also felt like I like I had to cough alot. It has stopped a lot. I am not so sure that this is due to my eating better, but it does get easier.
Amy B.
on 7/14/06 2:16 pm - Hampton Roads, VA
Yep....Gerrrrrrrrtrude gets the hiccups now and again too. My family was just waiting for me to get them to see if they would be the same as before surgery. Mine are very strange. Very high pitched like some prehistoric bird. Interestingly.....they have not changed! There does not seem to be any rhyme or reason to mine but I have not had them enough to pay much attention. Good luck with yours! So good to hear how well you're doing! Amy
Kate J.
on 7/14/06 8:23 pm - Hampton, VA
OMG me too! the worst part about my hiccups are that they are super loud and sound like a whooping bird, so they start people to giggling, which makes me giggle, too...and that makes more goofy hiccups! Hicooop! Kate
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views