Positive Vibes:

Kitty Kat
on 7/13/06 10:00 pm - Richmond, VA
Dear God: I want to thank You for what you have already done. I am not going to wait until I see results or receive rewards; I am thanking You right now. I am not going to wait until I feel better or things look better; I am thanking You right now. I am not going to wait until people say they are sorry or until they stop talking about me; I am thanking You right now. I am not going to wait until the pain in my body disappears; I am thanking You right now. I am not going to wait until my financial situation improves; I am going to thank You right now. I am not going to wait until the children are asleep and the house is quiet; I am going to thank You right now. I am not going to wait until I get promoted at work or until I get the job; I am going to thank You right now. I am not going to wait until I understand every experience in my life that has caused me pain or grief; I am thanking You right now. I am not going to wait until the journey gets easier or the challenges are removed; I am thanking You right now. I am thanking You because I am alive. I am thanking You because I made it through the day's difficulties. I am thanking You because I have walked around the obstacles. I am thanking You because I have the ability and the opportunity to do more and do better. I go to God not just in times of sorrow, need, frustration, anxiety, hurt, anger and more but in times of happiness, joy, excitement, celebration and when things are going just peachy. There are many times when I want to give up but I don't. I get down on my knees, bow my head and pray for guidance and clarity. I don't pray just for myself but for others I can think of as we are never truly sure what is happening in someone's life. There have been many struggles and trials and heart breaking cir****tances even here on the VA Board and I have been keeping a list of others/things to pray for/about. I believe everything happens for a reason. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger. We aren't promised tomorrow. There is only today, right now, this hour, this minute. I can't stress enough how important it is to share your heart and soul with others even when it hurts, even when it feels/seems hopeless and even when you are tested so hard you can't believe you can take anymore. That is when you throw your hands up in the air and say "God here I am please guide me and give me strength not just now but always." Thoughts and prayers, Kitty Kat
Ross C
on 7/13/06 10:05 pm - McLean, VA
Kitty Kat, This is exactly how I try to live my life every day... I don't always get it right... but I know God loves me either way... thanks for the reminder hon... *hugs* -Ross
Lorraina M.
on 7/14/06 12:43 am - Ruther Glen, VA
I really needed to read your prayer today, or maybe everyday. It is so easy to get wrapped up on only asking for this and that when praying rather than just being thankful. One can tell that you truly are a blessed person. Thanks for sharing this with us. Lorraine
Mrs. G
on 7/14/06 1:27 am - E. City, NC
Thank you Kat, this was much needed right now. I'll be copying it to email for my father-in-law (Pop), who is sadly waiting for his best friend to pass away. Bill is in a coma and is hospitalized, and not expected to live. Pop is devastated. They were their own "grumpy old men" and they were always there for each other. I think this prayer is what Pop needs to read right now. Connie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views