This Day in History....

kabarron1
on 7/13/06 11:57 pm - Hopewell, VA
On this day in ... 1789, during the French Revolution, citizens of Paris stormed the Bastille prison and released the seven prisoners inside 1798, Congress passed the Sedition Act, making it a federal crime to publish false, scandalous or malicious writing about the U.S. government 1853, Commodore Matthew Perry relayed to Japanese officials a letter from former President Fillmore, requesting trade relations 1881, outlaw William H. Bonney Jr., alias "Billy the Kid," was shot and killed by Sheriff Pat Garrett in Fort Sumner, N.M. 1933, all German political parties, except the Nazi Party, were outlawed 1958, the army of Iraq overthrew the monarchy 1965, the American space probe Mariner 4 flew by Mars, sending back photographs of the planet 1966, eight student nurses were murdered by Richard Speck in a Chicago dormitory 1978, Soviet dissident Natan Sharansky was convicted of treasonous espionage and anti-Soviet agitation, and sentenced to 13 years at hard labor. (Sharansky was released in 1986.) 2001, in a boost for President Bush's hopes to build a defense against ballistic missile attack, the Pentagon scored a hit with an interceptor that soared into space from a tiny Pacific isle and destroyed its target, a mock nuclear warhead 2005, U.S. Chief Justice William H. Rehnquist, ending a two-day stay in the hospital, pledged to continue working as long as his health permitted. (Rehnquist died in September 2005.)
TinkL *.
on 7/14/06 2:02 am - Columbia, SC
Oh my. I remember 6 out of the 11. ARGGGHHHH
kabarron1
on 7/14/06 2:28 am - Hopewell, VA
Its all good!!! Keith
TinkL *.
on 7/14/06 2:39 am - Columbia, SC
Well .... yeah... it's all good. But remembering back to 1958 makes me extremely precocious ...... or ...... older than dirt. Dang.
kabarron1
on 7/14/06 2:50 am - Hopewell, VA
BS Girl!! Your only as old as you feel and girlfriend you don't dance like someone who thinks they're older than dirt!! Keith
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views