Great Lunch!! Great New Friend!!

Kelli
on 7/12/06 5:23 am - Portsmouth, VA
I had the pleasure of meeting and having lunch with Amber Bennett today. We went to Applebees. I was wonderful, she is a great person and very beautiful, great EYES!! Thanks for having lunch with me today Amber!!! It was wonderful to meet you and get to know you. I cant wait til we have more time together. I hope you werent to late for your appt. and didnt get lost. I look forward to being your !!! Love, Kelli
Amber B.
on 7/12/06 10:20 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Thanks, Kelli! The feelings are mutual. I have a wonderful time as well. It was good to finally meet you and get another look into the surgery. I did get a bit lost, I took a right onto Western Branch, instead of a left, but I called the office and then got me turned around and I was only a few minutes late, which was cool. They weren't ready for me yet, anyway. I learned a lot more at Pre-OP, I'd most of it before, but fine-tuned it. The one thing that I didn't know anything about (never heard it mentioned here or anywhere) was about the Lovenox. I can't believe I'm going to have to get a shot for 10 days, eeek! Thankfully one of my best friends is a home health nurse and she'll do it for me and get paid to boot, that's awesome!!! I'm sorry you won't be able to go shopping with us on Sunday, but I know you'll be having a blast on your trip! Enjoy yourself and hopefully I'll see you on Wednesday!! Love ya, Amber
(deactivated member)
on 7/12/06 11:14 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Amber, What is Lovenox and what is it for? I never had to have any shots before or after surgery so I am curious. Jackie
bicolasawa
on 7/13/06 12:43 am - Chesapeake, VA
Hey Jackie, Lovenox is a blood thinner. This place the Amber and I are going to are very concerned about blood clots in the legs so they will put us on it before we have surgery and for 7 - 10 days after. Im not looking forward to shots either. lol See you soon AMBER!!!! Lots of Love, Autumn
(deactivated member)
on 7/13/06 12:59 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
I remember now that after surgery they put us on - is it Heperin - or something like that - injections in the stomach for a day or so. They didn't put us on blood thinners before because they didn't want the blood too thin until after surgery. Then we woke up with these strange leg pads and socks on that move to keep your blood moving in your legs...... How could I forget the shots in the stomach? - they hurt like hell! Jackie
Amber B.
on 7/13/06 12:56 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Like Autumn stated, they are VERY concerned about Blood Clots and rightfully so. We are at very high risk for them, especially since I was on birth control. It's still going to suck getting the shot though, eeeeek! Amber
Kelli
on 7/13/06 12:59 am - Portsmouth, VA
**correction** i have typed above *I was wonderful* should be *It was wonderful*. This is a perfect example of why you should carefully proofread posts. How stupid I must have sounded. **even though I do think I am kinda wonderful** Love, Kelli
Amber B.
on 7/13/06 1:29 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Hehe. I knew what you meant and you ARE wonderful!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views