Somewhat of a WOW momment

Bigdanva70
on 7/12/06 12:12 am - Radford, VA
Goog morning everyone. thought I would share. I always wanted a motorcycle, but I was always too big for one. So last night I went to Roanoke and bought a Yamaha VStar 1100. I know it is no harley but It is my first bike and I did not want to hurt the name Harley. I rode it around for about an hour before I killed the battery because I kept stalling it out But I will learn ..... I hope. Any suggestions on learning? By the way I am down to 361. total loss of 265 pounds. yah Dan
Ms Court
on 7/12/06 12:32 am - Remington, VA
Congrats Dan. So you got the Yamaha because you were afraid of hurting the Harley, well Harley's are made to be hurt mister. Courtney
Bigdanva70
on 7/12/06 12:37 am - Radford, VA
Yah but they name Harley does not need a novice overweight person running wild on the streets. Plus I do not think I look rough or mean enough to be a true Harley man. Not saying that everyone who rides a harley is rough and mean. I just need to grow into it I guess.
sue baker
on 7/12/06 9:20 am - fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 04/12/06 with
Congrats, Dan. You will have so many fun times on your bike. (Harley or not). DMV has lots of safety classes throughout the state. Try the closest Community College. If you pass the class, you don't have to take the road test at DMV. The class isn't hard, and you have so much fun there. Lots of inexperience and your trainers are usually VERY patieint. My husband and I are old Harley riders (gave up riding years ago, but ride our friend's now and them - even us old and heavy people have a great time when that wind hits us!)
(deactivated member)
on 7/12/06 1:41 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Wow! Congratulations Dan!!! What a terrific weight loss! You just lost me before surgery because I was 256lbs. I am now down 67lbs to 190.......so far. You could take bike lessons - I know there a re places that teach it - your local DMV would know, Good luck and enjoy it - you can always get a Harley later if you still want one! How about a pic of you on the bike? Jackie
Tam
on 7/12/06 3:07 am - Richmond, VA
WTG Dan! When are you coming to get me to take me for a ride??? I had a blast with Track at the Boogie and Splash and am eager to ride again. Your weight loss is coming along wonderfully. WTG!!! Tammy
Stephanie M.
on 7/12/06 3:40 am - Moncks Corner, SC
Congrats on the weight loss....That's AWESOME!!!!!! SO PROUD!!!!! Good luck with the bike...you will get the hang of it in time! Stephanie
A10sFrau
on 7/12/06 7:25 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Love my bike (Buell Blast--I call her my "Plastic Bike"). Don't ride far and don't ride in heavy traffi****il you get more comfortable. Also--stay off 81 until you are ready to go really fast . Don't park you bike in grass unless you have a crushed can or old cycle plate to put under the kickstand. Don't ride without a leather jacket on--regardless of the heat. I could go on for a while. I will stop now. Lois
Bigdanva70
on 7/13/06 4:48 am - Radford, VA
Thank you for the advise
Shanana
on 7/12/06 11:21 am - Altavista, VA
Congrats Dan. Hope I can ride one day too. Way to go on the weight loss. Shannon
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views