gallbladder ultrasound

vateacher
on 7/11/06 11:39 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
How soon before surgery does the doctor usually schedule an ultrasound? I've got my psych evaluation next week and that should be my last pre-op "thing to do" other than the ultrasound, and I'm wondering if I should bug my surgeon's office about getting on the ball with scheduling the ultrasound. Thanks!
Michele R.
on 7/11/06 11:57 pm - Pittsfield, MA
Hi Kim...honestly I had all my testing done within a week or 1.5 weeks. They just put all of them close together then the surgery was a week after that. If you wonder about this just call and ask them. They are usually more than helpful and will let you know what's up. Hugs! Shele
Kathy & Rich
on 7/12/06 12:03 am - Fairfax, VA
Mine was maybe 2 weeks prior to surgery. Good luck, Kathy
(deactivated member)
on 7/12/06 1:43 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Mine was 10 days before surgery...one of the easier tests lol! Jackie
Tam
on 7/12/06 3:04 am - Richmond, VA
I did not have one. My surgeon routinely takes the gallbladder out while he is in there if you still have it. All of my other tests were about two weeks before surgery. Tammy
A10sFrau
on 7/12/06 7:19 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Hi Kim, Sent you an email. Lois
Christine Hood
on 7/12/06 8:15 am - Fort Eustis, VA
I had my ultrasound about 3 months before surgery but it was scheduled quickly...within a few days of calling for it. I wouldn't worry too much. Christine
Amber B.
on 7/12/06 10:44 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
They usually try to get it done as soon as possible, so they can get the results back in time. They are the slowest, from what I understand. I got mine done three weeks before surgery. It's pretty important, thankfully mine was all good, but now I have to take two extra pills a day for 6 months, grr. I would definitely say something to them. Amber
vateacher
on 7/15/06 7:30 am - Fredericksburg, VA
Thanks for all your help! I'll wait a week or so after my psych appt. and if I don't hear anything, I'll give my surgeon's office a call. Thanks again!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views