I am in pain. HELP.

Jennifer V.
on 7/10/06 11:20 am - Waynesboro, VA
I got home from work hungry. Last night i had baked Tilipia. I took a couple of forksful and ate them. Probably too fast and probably not mushy enough. I immediately got this gosh awful pain in my chest. I felt like I was having aheart attack. My kids askedme what was wrong and I coulnd't even speak it hurt so bad. I ran to the bathroom and eventually was able to get some of the fish up. I had a lot of saliva coming up into my mouth. The pain is still here but it seems to come in waves like my "tube" don't know what it's called is in spasms. I can't ge****er to go down around it. It's stuck. Over the past hour it seems slightly better. How long will it last? Is there something I can do to expedite this? Was that dumping? Jenn
prissy25
on 7/10/06 11:27 am - Barboursville, VA
Try Papya I ordered mine but I think CVS has it chew a few tablets i keep mine w/ me all the time and when I get that stuck feeling I chew them helps desolve. Hope you feel better soon.
Christine Hood
on 7/10/06 11:33 am - Fort Eustis, VA
Can you say PAPAYA ENZYME baby!!! I keep them on me at all times and they have prevented me from puking many times (and quickly got rid of that pain). They are about $4 for 100 pills at GNC...chew them up...tastes like pez! They are great! So far I have never puked! Good luck! Christine
Jennifer V.
on 7/10/06 11:36 am - Waynesboro, VA
Thanks guys. I knew I could count on you. I can't wait to go get some tomorrow. I hope I never see another piece of fish again !!
A10sFrau
on 7/10/06 8:14 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
I had a similar problem the first time I went to Long John's following surgery--despite the fishs being soft (yes I got the baked fish). Since I have had salmon twice and have to eat it only VERY slowly. I shouldn't blame fish, though. I have had pot roast the last several nights (yipee, leftovers!) and I have to eat it very slowly. Meat still has not made friends with my new system. I accidentally ate more than one bite of hamburger back in early May at a 5 Guys Diner with my tennis team--Oy WEH!! (Oh, the PAIN!). That was the first and last bite of hamburger to this day. I had had hamburger patty bits, but with the added cheese and bread and all condiments! Be careful with meat, and yes get the enzyme. I think I should get some, too, altho that means a 50 miles trip to the mall. Good luck, Lois
*~Tigger~ *
on 7/10/06 11:20 pm - Staunton, VA
Lois, Wal Mart sells Papaya Enzyme over in the vitamin area! Hope you're doing well. JoAnn
(deactivated member)
on 7/10/06 12:13 pm - Fairfax Station, VA
stick your finger down your throat!! I guess the Papaya works better though! It's funny how eating fast will do that - I had it happen alot. Took me so long to get that slow eating down. love donna
(deactivated member)
on 7/10/06 9:12 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
That's my girl .. I am a finger sticker too .. while just last year I found papaya .. I can normally get it up .. and drink something warm like Carol suggested .. I acutally gave Alan some papaya this weekend to help with what he felt was an over eating feeling .. He was amazed how it worked . 2 years out .. I still get stuff stuck .. Hugs, Nat
Carole V.
on 7/10/06 12:25 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Oh boy do I remember that. You described the pain of stuck food exactly. That was NOT dumping dear, that is a totally different but equally unpleasant experience that comes from eating sugar (sometimes fat) that is "dumped" into your system without the usual process (since that part of your intestines was cut away if you had RNY). No, you just had plain old stuck food, probably too dry if it was leftovers but could have been too much or just not chewed well enough. At any rate, it's a good learning experience, I know after my first stuck food, I learned very quickly how to chew something to death, and to eat slowly. I didn't know about papaya enzyme at the time, wish I had because it would have done the trick. Till you get some, try sipping hot herbal tea very slowly. The warmth will help to ease the spasms in your esophagus. Hope you feel better. Carole
Chyanne2u
on 7/10/06 10:42 pm - Kings Mountain, NC
Hey Jennifer, I am not on the phase of eating yet but because of my swollen esphagus right after surgery I had that same pain trying to get even liquids down. I kept telling them that it hurt really bad and my husband would spend his time patting my back in an attempt to get me to burp. Nothing seemed to help. It wasn't until they did the upper GI that they figured out that NOTHING was going down. I know this is different than what you experienced but I bet the pain is similar. I can't wait to get started on soft foods but I too will have to pace myself because I'm a fast eater too. I guess I will have too keep telling myself to chew, chew, chew, small bits, small bits, small bits, swallow slow and easy........it's not going to be easy........I think I am going to get some of that Papaya stuff this weekend. I go Monday for my 2 week check up. Thanks for the post and for everyone else's information about the papaya. Lots of Love Kathy 305/286/185/160
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views