Well.....I made it in one piece

Sporty Jill
on 7/10/06 10:45 am - Norfolk, VA
Howdy All..... Well, I just had the most AWESOME vacation with my family. As many know, my family and I went whitewater rafting in West Virginia for our vacation. It was a BLAST! You should have seen me. I "rode the bull" (that's when you sit on the very edge of the raft and hold on to a strp that's on the very tip of the raft). Didn't stay on long when we went into the rapid, but I DID IT! I swam down one of the rapids (heavy Class II rapid), I sat in the front (which is the hardest and most exciting place to sit) during the entire trip. Then, the next day, I awoke surprised that I wasn't even sore. Hopped up and went horseback riding for 2 hours in the mountains with my daughter-in-law. It was her 1st time doing that. And it was a great bonding experience for us, as she is still fairly new to our family. Then we went swimming in the lake for the rest of the day. Jumped on trampilenes that were in the lake and just had a blast. However, Saturday night I woke to the worse bought of naseau I have ever had. Dry heaving and sweatting. Then, the stomach cramps kicked in and I was up and down the entire night. Had to drive 6 hours home feeling like cr*p. Home sick today, but feeling a bit better. But....I think the best part of my trip was not being left behind while my guys went and had all of the fun. Feeling like I was strong enough to do this trip and then to actually do it was a wonderful feeling. Hubby and I are thinking of doing another trip back in October, but the next trip will be harder and may even be an overnighter on the river. YAHOO!!!!! Jill 263/167/145
Christine Hood
on 7/10/06 11:11 am - Fort Eustis, VA
Hey Jill! I missed ya! Sounds like your trip was AWESOME!! We have GOT to get together soon!! Christine
Sporty Jill
on 7/10/06 11:45 am - Norfolk, VA
Hi Sweetie.... YES! We must get together SOON! Need to cath up on our adventures. Yep, the trip was awesome and it helped me with my stall (YAHOO!). Jill
A10sFrau
on 7/10/06 11:28 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Congratulations on your wonderful vacation! It sounds like a blast. Where in WV were you? Lois
Sporty Jill
on 7/10/06 11:46 am - Norfolk, VA
We were in Minden, WV. Blink and you miss it. Near Fayettesville and Beckley. Had a BLAST! Jill
cappymoon
on 7/10/06 12:01 pm - Northern, VA
Sounds like you had a wonderful time!! That is one thing I would love to try someday, perhaps when the kids are all gone, just me and the hubbie Welcome back!! Dianna
Sporty Jill
on 7/11/06 2:41 am - Norfolk, VA
We had a BLAST! But, why wait.......unless they are really young, take them with ya! We did. Both of the boys and my daughter-in-law, and we all had an absolute great time. My daughter-in-;aw had never been camping, and she was a real trooper. She camped, rafted, horseback riding and hiking and NEVER complained one bit. Told my son that she is a real keeper. Jill 263/167/145
Ernurse323
on 7/11/06 7:34 am - Virginia Beach, VA
You went to Ace didn't you? Huh? Huh? I LOVE that place !!! We were thinking about taking a short road trip to do the white water rafting for a day. I am glad you had a great time you rustic chic, you !!!! Was wondering where ya were !!! Dana
Sporty Jill
on 7/12/06 11:45 am - Norfolk, VA
Yep...sure did. It was a beast to get to, but that's because we were towing the beast there. Hubby and I are thinking of doing the Gualley in Sept/Oct. Maybe an overnighter on the river. Jill
Sporty Jill
on 7/12/06 11:47 am - Norfolk, VA
Yep...sure did. It was a beast to get to, but that's because we were towing the beast there. Hubby and I are thinking of doing the Gualley in Sept/Oct. Maybe an overnighter on the river. Jill
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views