Feeling a little selfish, but b/c u guys will understand I am going to post

Stacey D.
on 7/10/06 10:35 am - Harrisonburg, VA
So I went for my pre-op today for my plastics part of my surgery coming up next Tues. Well my breast surg. doc stated I was good to go on my breast lift; however, Dr. Drake advised we wait. Unfortunately the incision they did when they did the lumpectomy is just a little higher than where they need to make the incision for the lift, and a very good chance the skin b/t the incisions will die causing me to have additional surgery and most likely to have "deformed breast". Well we all obviously know, we don't go through all this and have plastics for that to happen. So both the doc and I decided waiting was my only option here. Now we are going to the TT and hernia repair and the extra Schrimer will be doing to fixed what may be broken inside because of the obstruction. I know this seem selfish of me...BUT I WANTED TO BE ALL FIXED! NO SKIN AND BOOBS THAT DON'T HAVE WRINKES! I keep trying to remind myself....two weeks ago, I didn't even know if I was going to get to keep my left breast and this week I am mad because they can't fix it.....keep saying...I still got two .....I shouldn't be so vein, but GRRRR. I have just worked so hard, and I just want to look and the mirror and see all my accomplishment...with my "finished project" as I like to call it....everyone knows that you just want to "see it like everyone else sees it"... He said we could look at it again in six months, they may be able to do it then or in a year....I will just have to learn I got to have patience. It took me 27 years to get to 280 pounds....it's going to take a few years to fix that. thank you in advance for reading my venting....I know only those who are in my shoes or have been in my shoes can understand what I am feeling! Thanks for your support OH family! Stacey
A10sFrau
on 7/10/06 11:20 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Hi Stacey, I am glad to hear from you! I can understand the no boob wrinkles! I looked down in my bra last week and I thought there was something wrong for a minute, because I don't see my boobs all day long. My batwings, on the other hand, have been annoying me since my sister convinced me to go sleeveless 2 weeks ago. The abdomen bothers me the least. And, really, none of it bothers me as much as my FAT did. Congratulations on your upcoming tt and other work! Thank goodness you have a competent doctor who advised that you wait! Good things come to those who wait. Lois
prissy25
on 7/10/06 11:20 am - Barboursville, VA
Hang in there kiddo you look beautiful even w/out the surgery so you hang in there next year will be here before you know it. Keep in touch, Im gonna plan another meet & greet in Sept. hope to see ya there.
Shanana
on 7/10/06 8:34 pm - Altavista, VA
Oh Stacy, Vent away. I hate it when I dont here what I want to too. This will be for the best. They know better than us. Know you know that. Will be here before you know it. Is dr S up for waiting for his part of the surgery? Shannon
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views