Update on Husband's Condtion

Jane M.
on 7/9/06 12:57 am - Williamsburg, VA
I wanted to thank everyone's words of support and encouragement. When I get the time, I would like to answer everyone back individually, but I don't really have the time. I've spent nearly every momment with him. My husband has a confirmed cases of Legionairre's Disease. Probally contacted it on our recent Florida Vacation. He is still on a ventilator, 3 types of antibiotics, has a chest tube for a collapsed lung and insulin (He's not a diabetic though). His pulmonary function reached a low of 59 yesterday. The Pulmonary doc told me to be prepared for the worse. I had to call his eldery parents and they flew in from Nashville last night. They are his only child. I stayed all through the night and his pulmonary function stayed between 72-83 all night. This morning when I woke up he was in the upper 80 range and even hit 93 at one point. So they know he's improving. He has a long road ahead of him. His lung x-rays show severe scarring and he will most likely have severe asthma and maybe some other problems if he he makes it through this. Again, thank you for your prayers and concern. It's just what we needed and helped me get through the night knowing that people were praying for his recovery. Bless you, Jane
Michele R.
on 7/9/06 1:28 am - Pittsfield, MA
Jane...I am praying for you all. I hope that this gets under control and his health improves greatly FAST! Hugs! Shele
Stephanie M.
on 7/9/06 3:06 am - Moncks Corner, SC
Hi Jane! I pray for his continued improvement...and for your strength. If you are at the careplex...and just need to get away for a while...I am right around the corner. We could have a quick lunch...or I could come and sit with you for a while...whatever you need. Just let me know. Take care...and thanks for letting us know what is going on. Love, Stephanie
wanda
on 7/9/06 4:07 am
Jane, I'm am so sorry to hear about your husband's illness. Please know he is in my prayers as well as you and your entire family. God bless you, Wanda
(deactivated member)
on 7/9/06 11:33 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Jane I am so sorry for your husband's condition. He does seem to be rallying so I am praying that everything will improve now. Stay strong for both of you! Jackie
WendyNVA
on 7/10/06 3:42 am - Va Beach, VA
Hey Jane, Still praying. Tell Joe to keep fighting the fight. Sounds like he's improving, but has a long time before he's out of the woods and healed. Give him my best. I hope he is able to understand you, and knows that you are there for him. Wendy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views