Need Prayers ! Husband on Vent

Jane M.
on 7/7/06 8:43 pm - Williamsburg, VA
I know it's been a long time since I posted but I'm coming to the one place where I know I can find family to help me. My husband is in the ICU on a Ventilator and has been medically paralyzed. He got sick about a week ago from what we thought was a stomach bug. We went to the emergency room on the 4th of July where they pretty much told him he had a virus, gave him phenergan, told him to take stuff for his fever and sent him home. He didn't get better and his fevers got worse and then Thurs he started having a dry, hacking cough. So yesterday I took him to urgent care and they immediately sent him to the hospital because he ended up with pneumonia in both lungs (He's only 38 yrs old). He's is very bad shape. He was having fevers between 105-106 last night. He was hypoxic and was fighting the ventilator, his heartrate was out of control. I called this morning to check on his condition and the nurse didn't sound to optimistic about his condition. I've been crying non-stop and wondering "Why?" Why him? He's perfectly healthy other than being overweight. Please pray for him and our family. We have a son who is 7 yrs old. I lost my dad last Dec. my Aunt in February and my uncle in March. I just don't think I can handle loosing my husband. We've been married 10 yrs. Thank you and god bless, Jane M
WendyNVA
on 7/7/06 9:43 pm - Va Beach, VA
Hi Jane, I'm so sorry to hear the news of Joe. Please know that you both are in my prayers. You've had such a time lately, and I was really hoping this year would bring you happiness. My love to you both! Wendy
Jennifer V.
on 7/7/06 9:50 pm - Waynesboro, VA
Consider it done !! It's funny how something as simple a a prayer is actually the biggest tool we have. Have faith my friend. He WILL pull through this. Jenn
MrsTonyaBrown
on 7/7/06 10:00 pm - Jacksonville, FL
OH Jane! Big hugs and tons of prayers going out for you and your family. Hearing this makes me cry for you and pray that things will get better. Please, please keep us informed. Tonya
(deactivated member)
on 7/7/06 10:05 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Jane - I am so sorry to hear all of this. Know that you both are being prayed hard for right now! Jackie
Kathy & Rich
on 7/7/06 10:45 pm - Fairfax, VA
Jane, Your husband, son and you are in my thoughts. Hugs, Kathy
cathya
on 7/7/06 11:27 pm - Orlando, FL
My husband and I will be praying for you and your husband. CathyA
TammyNVA
on 7/8/06 12:07 am - Chesterfield, VA
Prayers for your husband, you, your son, and the medical personnel caring for your husband. Hang in there! Hugs, Tammy
Jen_G
on 7/8/06 1:39 am - in, VA
Hi Jane, You and your husband will be in my thoughts! Jen
(deactivated member)
on 7/8/06 6:41 am - Fairfax Station, VA
Jane, you and your family will defintely be in our prayers. I am so sorry about this trouble you are going through. It seems sometimes to not let up, I know. Keep positive Jane, and know that we are here for you -- anytime! love donna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views