Long Term pain question

akasha2u
on 7/6/06 9:56 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
I broke my back and neck in 97 and used to use the ibuprophen 800's or tylenol with codine sometimes...since my gastric I cant use the 800's for the back and neck pain...so what types of meds can i use now the lortab worked well for those days when i needed it but I am breast feeding and unsure what to do...the tylenol products dont seem to cut it either ... any suggestions? what do you use for pain so I can discuss alternatives with my doctor
(deactivated member)
on 7/6/06 10:03 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Trish , I am suffering with severe neck and back pain as well. Due to bad disc.. not determined yet how bad . But I have been given Vicoden , which I know you can not take breast feeding. To me .. all the narcotics do anyway is knock me out so I don't care about the pain . I am yet to see my neuro surgeon .. scared to death .. and live with the pain . It is becoming intense to the point it hurts to think , talk and walk .. so I guess I better get it looked at closer . I did find a topical cream , it is an anti-inflamitory you put on your skin . This gives me temporary relief but nothing long lasting . I do have a list of meds you can and can not take . If you want them I will send to ya . Good to see you back posting ! Hugs, Natalie
akasha2u
on 7/7/06 12:40 am - Virginia Beach, VA
id love the list of do not takes please ..sorry to hear about your pain i too have alot of that and its grim...thanks again for the site teresa (i'll use it)..and i dont know much about fish oils but it doesnt hurt to try right?
bkhunter68
on 7/7/06 2:24 am - VA
I can give you the name of a good surgeon. You'll be up and at it in no time
akasha2u
on 7/8/06 2:48 am - Virginia Beach, VA
i think i am done with surgury for a while (had enough to last 2 life times) but thanks haha.
Teresa Isphording
on 7/6/06 10:17 pm - Knotts Island, NC
Hey Trish, Check out http://www.safefetus.com/ This site has a list meds that are safe to take while pregnant or breastfeeding. You should be able to get a list of meds you can talk to your doctor about. Hope you start feeling better soon. Hugs Teresa
Kathy & Rich
on 7/6/06 10:28 pm - Fairfax, VA
Trish, You might want to add fish oil into your diet. Coromega (brand name) is probably best for post-ops since it isn't in an oil form and we malabsorb fats. (I get the best price at www.vitacost.com) Fish oil is a natural anti-inflammatory according to my back surgeon. Not sure how much it helps since I've been bad about getting it into the regular supplement routine. Kathy
akasha2u
on 7/8/06 2:50 am - Virginia Beach, VA
crushed ambien 10 and apple sauce / no sugar i am out like a light in like 20 minutes.... hydrocodone takes 1.5 hours or so to truely kick in and really only takes the edge off pain for me..but hey I takes it where I get relief..
akasha2u
on 7/8/06 2:55 am - Virginia Beach, VA
heya Wendy how ya been? I recently did some sushi with the old sushi chef from Mo Mo's ( he opened a new sushi place on Newton/Diamond called Okinawa's in March...i still do Mo Mos as well depends on what side of town I am on and if I am in the mood for a spicey california roll... I try talking to GP's about my issues and oddly they seem to have no clue about gastric people in general on the military clinic side...often they try to give me Ibuprofin...I am like hello...I cant take that then they recommend tylenol. Yeah if that worked I wouldnt be at the doctors ya know... I got a PT appt in like a week so hopefully I can get the pain knocked down so it only flares up occationally. I guess the baby, car accident, and added weight in the past have taken their toll but I am trooper sooooo Ill fix it.
fishtayl
on 7/10/06 12:57 am - Bealeton, VA
Kathy Is it a capsule? I can't stand anything you mix with water. I did buy flax seed oil and was taking it by the tablespoon and it's just like drinking cooking oil. I just can't do it that way anymore. Any suggestions?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views