4 months post op today !!!

Ernurse323
on 7/6/06 9:30 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
It doesn't seem like 4 months have already gone by. I am suprised that I am at 197lbs from 268lbs. That is a whooping 71lbs !!! The weight loss is stalling out now..and it doesn't matter the intensity I keep my workouts at. I understand that our bodys have to try to catch up at some point. I would be dishonest if I said this isn't discouraging me some. I do not eat the 3 meals a day as I am supposed to. I would rather do the protein shakes and have a few snacks. After 2 stricture dilations things do sit better but dense proteins still bother me....and eating scares me. I am losing some hair now. My husband says I have always lost this much hair...but I think it is more now than ever. I envision myself as the up and coming 'Crypt Keeper" thanks to Leilani's story !!!! I don't think I will ever forget her post about that !!!! I hope everyone has a great weekend !! The weather is going to be great Saturday !!! I was thinking about taking a long walk on the beach early Saturday morning to start the day...maybe to watch the sunrise. I am off to workout..hopefully the scale will start dropping again soon. Dana
Tam
on 7/6/06 9:37 pm - Richmond, VA
Dana~ You are right...it does not seem like 4 month's ago (or 14 months ago for me!). I understand how you are feeling about stalling a little. I have been doing the same thing for the last five or six weeks...up and down the same 3- 5 lbs each week. I know I am going to have to really work to get the rest off of what I want, but I am honestly happy where I am right now. I need to change my workout routine and get back into a regular pattern. I was doing good...seven days a week...but when I found out I have to have another knee surgery I was told I needed to stop exercising until then. That was too hard so I just cut them down to three days a week. I miss doing something routinely the other days, but I just walk in the neighborhood and that helps a little. Congratulations on all you have accomplished and keep it up! ~Tammy
(deactivated member)
on 7/6/06 9:37 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Oh Beautiful .. It will start again .. try upping you protein .. and water ... that seemed to help me , but I never really stalled out ... I think the longest I went was a week .. and it was about my 4th month . Congratulations on your success ... I can not wait to see you posting your one year out ... And as to the hair .. well it happens .. just keep doing what you are doing .. Hugs, Natalie
TammyNVA
on 7/6/06 9:45 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Hey Dana Wow, what an eventful 4 months you've had!! Can't believe it's been 7 months for me either!! This is how I look at the weight loss "stalls" ... your body has to adjust to the tremendous change. I always imagine that when I'm not "losing" weight, that this is the time my body is "shrinking." Usually at the end of a "stall" I find that I've dropped another size or that at least my clothes are a little looser. Just keep doin' what your doin'... and try to eat. As the nurse said in our support group meeting last night, this is an important time to begin to eat NORMAL, something that most of us have never done. NORMAL people don't live off of just protein shakes. Hey, I'm headed down to da Beach today for a family "GIRLS ONLY" weekend. No hubbys, brothers, uncles, sons, or dads! Have a great weekend yourself!! Hugs, Tammy
(deactivated member)
on 7/6/06 10:58 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
You have lost a good amount so far so don't be discouraged! I am four and a half months out and have lost 65lbs - it has been stalling for the past few weeks but seems to be slowly on the move again now - but I do understand your frustration!! I stress about it too! I haven't lost any hair yet but am waiting ...and dreading it!! You do need to eat some more food though - just to keep all your muscles working prroperly and your stomach working...hang in there - you are doing great!! Jackie
Amber B.
on 7/7/06 1:48 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Congrats, it sounds like you are doing a good job. I'm just going to be grateful to losing anything at this point. I'm sure I will become discouraged at one point too! I've seen the "end" result in my best friend, 2 1/2 years out, and she looks fantastic! I didn't think anyone could lose that much weight. Now I know that if she can, I can. I just need to stick to the program and live well! You are a great inspiration, keep up the good work, Amber
(deactivated member)
on 7/7/06 8:13 am - Fairfax Station, VA
Hi beautiul Dana, wow, that seemed to go fast - at least for me (on your surgery). And down 71 pounds -- that is awesome. This is how I feel about pausing, first, it happens. I don't think I've seen many that just go bam, and on the way down without a pause. I have no answer, or suggestion, other than hang in there, you've still got some good months of losing left. I think it was my fourth month that I dropped out of the double digits of losing and started losing just 8, then 7, now I'm down to (at nine months) maybe 3 or 4 pounds a month. But I think as you get closer to what you should be you slow down. Also, I always tell myself that it is giving my skin a chance to catch up and not sag so much. But nope, still sagging!! love donna
Christine Hood
on 7/8/06 7:45 am - Fort Eustis, VA
Hey Jessica Rabbit!!! Congrats on your awesome loss in 4 months!!! That is soooo great!! You work so hard fighting those donut demons but it is paying off!! Keep doing it HOT MAMA!!! Love ya! Smoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooches! Party Princess!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views