Hip Pain after 160# wt loss?

fishtayl
on 7/6/06 9:10 pm - Bealeton, VA
I have been having hip pain only when I sleep on my sides. I use to have deep hip pain when I was heavy and that went away. 4-14-06 I had an extended abdominoplasty and after sleeping in the recliner and couch 6 weeks I went back to bed. Then I started having this different hip pain in the middle of the night and the next morning from which ever hip I slept on. The pain runs all the way down the side of my thigh. One doctor thinks it's because the 8 pounds of excess tissue I had on my abdomen use to cushion my hips when I slept on them because the tissue would fall to whichever hip I was sleeping on. Has anyone else had this happen? I now have a egg crate cushion on the bed and it is not helping. Any advice??? Thanks
Ernurse323
on 7/6/06 9:13 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Ginny, The doc should order an xray. It could be hip bursitis or even a little arthritis. Hope you feel better soon !! Dana
Kathy & Rich
on 7/6/06 10:32 pm - Fairfax, VA
Ginny, You might want to have your doctor get an MRI of your lower back. Pain that runs down the leg is usually sciatica (something pinching on the nerve). Hugs, Kathy
wlsurvivor
on 7/6/06 10:56 pm - Marshall, VA
Hi Ginny! Sorry to hear about your hip pain! It is so strange that you mentioned it because I never had any hip pain of any kind in bed until after my lower body lift! I took my memory foam pad (3"thick) off my bed after a few months postop and that is when the pain began. It would wake me up in the middle of the night! I would roll over and the other hip would eventually hurt, too!!!!!!!!! After I had the lipo on each outer thigh, the pain did not worsen. BUT, I did get the pain to completely go away by putting the memory foam pad back on my bed. If I fall asleep on the couch or in a hotel, the pain returns. When traveling, I take a Motrin with a Prilosec and that takes care of it. I never take Motrin any other time. Doc said in limited doses with Prilosec, it was okay. I don't know if the egg crate pads are as good as the memory foam. I have slept on an egg crate years ago. They are different. I don't know if any of this helps, but I hope you get some sleep!! Hugs, Karen
fishtayl
on 7/7/06 12:45 am - Bealeton, VA
Karen, You are totally explaining my pain. I've had to get up in the middle of the night and get in the hot tub or put on the heating pad to get some relief. I may have to look into another pad. I had hip xrays yesterday and go to the Orthopaedic next week. Thanks, Ginny
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views