Finally here, where do I go?!

Michele R.
on 7/4/06 2:18 pm - Pittsfield, MA
Hello to all. Finally I have arrived in Norfolk. Damn...do I need a GPS! Anyhow I just wanted to say hello and sorry for being so quiet. We just got our pc up a couple days ago and I have been so busy with unpacking and whatnot. So my ? is...where do I go for Support Group meetings? Does anyone know of a list of them that I can choose from? Normally I would have gone to mine a week ago but...I was en route. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all. Can't wait to meet you guys in person. Hugs! Shele PS. Any Navy ppl that can maybe tell me of a place on base or near that I can go to for meetings?
(deactivated member)
on 7/4/06 9:17 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Well it's about time you got here ... Glad to see you have arrived safely . I for one live north of the Beach . I am about an hour and half away . But I wanted to stop in and say hi .. I am sure once everyone is up and running this morning , there will be many post to your questions . Again .. welcome officially to the VA Board !!! Hugs, Natalie
Michele R.
on 7/5/06 2:11 am - Pittsfield, MA
thanks Nat....I have talked to Christine a lil about it I think I might start going to a couple per month. One here and there. Hugs! Shele
MrsTonyaBrown
on 7/5/06 1:20 am - Jacksonville, FL
Michele, In Portsmouth, they hold the support group meetings every first Thursday of the month at the Portsmouth Naval Hospital in the Cafeteria on the first floor at 7pm. Usually lasts about an hour and has good info and good people. Welcome (as I'm leaving in 5 weeks with a transfer to FL). Hugs, Tonya
Ernurse323
on 7/5/06 1:38 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Hey Michelle !! I haven't gone to any support groups yet because my doc is all the way in Newport News. I know Party Princess is a regular at hers in Norfolk. I will ask her when I talk to her today !!! Where did you end up hanging your hat in Norfolk? I am in Virginia Beach not too far from the ocean front. Email me sometime !!! Welcome to Hampton Roads !!! Hope you get rested from your move !! Dana
Christine Hood
on 7/5/06 7:56 am - Fort Eustis, VA
Hey Shele! I checked with my surgeon's office and the support group on the 4th Thursday is open to all... Christine
Amber B.
on 7/5/06 11:43 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Everyone is welcome to go to the support groups where my surgeon is: Support groups meet on the 2nd Thursday of the month at 5:30 p.m. and 7:15 p.m. Bon Secours Health Center at Harbour View 5818 Harbour View Blvd. Call 673-5990 for more information Amber
rebecca P.
on 7/6/06 2:30 am - norfolk, VA
here is the link for the group that party princess and i use.. http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/sentara_southside_gb_support/ they meet every other tusday at like 7-9 . one meeting in norfolk . other in cheaspeake good luck and welcome
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views