One Glint of Sunshine...

A10sFrau
on 7/3/06 9:38 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
I noticed in the mirror this morning that I have new hair coming in at my hairline in the front. I knew my hair loss should stop in July and have been waiting eagerly for the day. I am still losing long brittle hair, but the new hair is about 1/2 inch long. It has been there, I guess, and I just didn't notice it. Went hiking yesterday, am going walking in a minute, and then riding with Dusty iin the Poker Run to benefit the SPCA, to honor Cody, who was a volunteer there. Lois
Susan E.
on 7/3/06 10:21 pm - Purcellville, VA
It's always nice to see that hair coming in. Have a great ride. Hope the weather holds out for you guys. You have been on my mind. Susan
(deactivated member)
on 7/3/06 10:25 pm - Fairfax Station, VA
HI Lois, I hope getting outside and being with an organization that Cody loved will be comforting to you. I'm thinking of you -- love donna
(deactivated member)
on 7/3/06 10:32 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
I know about seeing the new hair come in . Funny thing was with me .. Mine came back in curly .. I had all these little curly locks .. I am not complaining one bit .. but it was sorta funny to look at . I am glad you are getting out and about . And I am sure you will enjoy the ride today as well .. the sun is shining on you are well as Cody's great spirit . Enjoy the day sweetie ! Much love to you .. Nat
A10sFrau
on 7/3/06 11:21 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
It was very foggy when I headed out at 7:40. On the way back, around 8:30, I kept seeing a flash of shadow on the street in front of me. I looked up and ...no sun yet. I decided it was Cody on my walk with me, flashing in and out. She is my best friend, still. I hope I can fine tune my hearing and catch what she is saying to me. Lois
(deactivated member)
on 7/4/06 12:57 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
G'morning Lois - Loved this reply of yours - left goosebumps just reading it. I absolutely BELIEVE that those we lose in life can and DO try to leave signs or messages and I think it's wonderful that Cody DID join you for your walk. I lost my brother when he turned 37 - very unexpected, stayed home with the "flu" that morning, his wife came home that evening and he'd already lapsed into a coma from a brain aneurysm. No time, no notice, just like that he was gone. Although all of us siblings are close (4 of us) ...Bobby and I were the closest. He was only 9 months and two weeks older then me, so being so close in age - we spent our entire school years in the same grade/classes etc and played it off we were twins, which probably strengthened the sibling bonds. By the time I flew back to Hawaii, the doctors had already declared him brain dead, the machines were removed and his organs donated. We celebrated his life (like you did your daughters) with a luau, hula, singing, etc and 5 days later took my brothers ashes out to Waimea Bay, he was a NATURE kinda guy and lived at that Bay every free moment he had. Within seconds of the ashes and the lei'****ting the water, a SINGLE lone dolphin appeared. As a norm, dolphins don't travel alone, I 'knew' it was my brother Bobby sending a message/reminder that he'd ALWAYS be with me. My brothers been gone for nine years now and the void has NEVER been filled, BUT, when I 'tune' my hearing and 'focus' my eyes, I see signs of him ALL the time. The most recent was this past Memorial weekend. My younger brother, Eric, came out and stayed for a week. We were sitting on the front porch (keep in mind, I live in a very DEVELOPED neighborhood, which means the rural/animal aspect of it is NIL to none - the only critters we see are birds and squirrels) ....while we're on the porch talking (literally) about Bobby and his passing, my husband stands up and peers over my shoulder. It's still relatively early, 8:00, and only starting to get dark but still light enough to see. My hubby then stands up and says in a hushed kinda voice..... "Is that a wolf"? ....and he's pointing at my neighbors driveway. We all pretty much say "No" before we even turn around. I mean c'mon, how silly, we're in the middle of town!!! This over-developed neighborhood has far too much concrete and street traffic around it to have any wild or stray wolves. As we're saying NO, we're also pivoting in that direction and 5 adults immediately suck in air - not only a wolf, but a large silver gray wolf. Now get this? We ALL saw it - all of us, me, hubby, brother, my son and my young nephews, so it's not like one dreamed it up and convinced the rest. We saw it standing tall, proud, looking at us, the head moved slowly, looking backwards it took a few steps and then literally faded. I don't know how else to describe it, other then faded or dissipated. Bobby made an appearance that night, he sensed the sadness in our hearts and once again, left a reminder that he was and would ALWAYS be there. NO one could ever convince me otherwise. For that to all transpire, literally as we were talking about Bobby, his life, how much we missed him, etc - was absolutely surreal and so amazing. Your daughter and my brother, are definitely FOREVER with us and I don't mean just in our hearts and our memories. I'm so glad Cody is reaching out to you!
A10sFrau
on 7/4/06 6:27 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Thank you so much for sharing YOUR story. I do believe that there is much around us we are not tuned in to. I will start working on tuning in to the Cody Channel. Love, Lois
J A.
on 7/3/06 10:43 pm - Southwest, VA
Lois, You are managing your loss with such grace. It shows your inner strength.
A10sFrau
on 7/3/06 11:26 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
Thank you for the compliment. Lois
Michele R.
on 7/3/06 11:19 pm - Pittsfield, MA
Yeah for you! See it DOES come back~! I noticed once I had a CHUNK of hair cut out of the crown of my head...how did I notice this you ask? When it was 2 inches long and sticking up like a ****s comb! How silly! Glad to hear that it is coming back. Sometimes it seems like forever to see new hair growth. Hugs! Shele
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views