If you could only tell me one thing...

Dan
on 7/3/06 6:14 am - Pulaski, VA
Start now on your new eating habits. Start walking, take your multivitamins, drink 8 cups of liquid per day, and drink your protein!!!!!!!!!! After surgery you will be ready for your new life. Start now and your body will be ready, Good luck and god bless. Dan
Susan E.
on 7/3/06 6:16 am - Purcellville, VA
Each day gets better and better on your journey to a healthier and slimmer life. It can start out a bit rough, but hang in there. You will not regret it. This is the best thing I have ever done for myself. Best wishes, Susan
Ms Court
on 7/3/06 6:36 am - Remington, VA
Amber, my piece of advise is to remember that in the beginning everything will feel weird. You will probably feel abnormal and get frustrated because you are so different (having to watch what you eat, do your protein, schedule your meals, etc.) Just remember that it does get easier and becomes second nature and you are not alone. There are a bunch of us right here ready and willing to help out. Courtney
(deactivated member)
on 7/3/06 7:31 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
First and foremost .. before anything .. Follow what your Doctor and your Nutricionist give you . While everyone has sort of the same regimine .. do what YOUR doc tells you to do . As to Vitamins .. Start them now .. most are put on Flinstone Chewables early out .. but start them .. this is for life .. and you must begin the learning process now . Start your protein . This too is a life long item in your life and is detrimental in your overall health . I could go on and on about this .. but to be successfull .. Protein will be a word you use daily . Water .. 64 oz or better .. Start it now .. this too is for life .. Exersise .. Yepper .. start it now .. this too will be a life long adventure .. one that will keep you fit and healthy .. find something you like to do .. and begin it now . My advice to you is this . keep to the formula : PROTEIN - WATER - EXERCISE - = WEIGHT LOSS . Take each day and savor it .. knowing that from day one of your surgery .. the rest of your life is about you .. your health and your needs . No one else will take care of you but you .. You must do this yourself .. Remember you are going to make mistakes .. you may falter .. but each day is a new day .. and you get do-overs .. Best wishes to you on your new life . Natalie 310 - 125
Christine Hood
on 7/3/06 8:28 am - Fort Eustis, VA
One thing...hmmmm...get moving as soon as you can...I have been walking since about 5 days out of surgery and I have lost more inches than pounds! Gotta love watching those inches go down almost as much as watching the pounds! Get a pedometer...it's great to be able to track your progress...you feel a great sense of accomplishment when you exceed your mileage from the day before. I bought one at GNC for about $5 and it works GREAT! Christine
Jennifer V.
on 7/3/06 11:59 am - Waynesboro, VA
Do exactly what your Doctor recommends and don't cheat even it seems like it wouldn't hurt anything. Good luck. I'm 3 weekks post op and go to be weighed for the first time on Wed. I'm excited. Jenn
SavanahJ
on 7/3/06 9:02 pm - Richmond, VA
Hi, Amber! It's getting close now; soon you'll be on the melting side. The one thing I can say is to remember, "If nothing changes, nothing changes." (Quoting my running coach, Danny Shea, here.) Say this mantra to yourself until its reality goes on like a light in a blackout. Savanah
Amber B.
on 7/5/06 10:43 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Thanks, ALL! You guys really gave good advice and I'm taking it all in. I'm really started to get more nervous. I went to my nutritionist and she gave me some samples and even more ideas for different supplements, which was great. I love options! Thanks again! A
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views