If you could only tell me one thing...

Amber B.
on 7/2/06 11:54 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
If you were only allowed to give me one piece of advice for this entire process (whether it be about what to eat, drink, exercise, vitamins, health care, etc.) what would it be??? 16 days to go!!!! Amber
(deactivated member)
on 7/3/06 12:16 am - Fairfax Station, VA
Hi Amber - lucky you, it's all ahead of you!! what a great time for you. Okay, it would be so hard to just give one piece of advice, but for me, what I always say, and what I truly enjoyed was the complete process. That is, just to enjoy the whole thing - try to be calm and serene, and let it happen. Especially at first. It's magical and your life changes dramatically. You'll get lots of thoughts on what is most important - but for me, the ride!! As my good friend Dave C told me 'hang on for the ride of your life', and I will never forget those words and how true they are! Good luck to you - enjoy this time. love donna
prissy25
on 7/3/06 1:36 am - Barboursville, VA
Be totally prepared w/your proteins find a few you like you need it dailey. I have had problems but was just told about one @ GNC called AMPLFIY (choc) I havent tried yet. So check into it. And like Donna said it will be the ride of your life. Enjoy!
Amber B.
on 7/3/06 6:27 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Thanks! I think I'm going to jump on the IDS wagon and order that liquid whey protein. It sounds like the best thing to do in the beginning stages when you can eat enough regular proteins. I'll check into the amplify as well! Have a great 4th, Amber
Christine Hood
on 7/3/06 8:14 am - Fort Eustis, VA
Hey Amber...You can buy the IDS at Vitamin Shoppe (on VAB Blvd). That way you can try one...I could not tolerate them at all! But, I also tried UltraMet (available at Advanced Nutrition also on VAB Blvd...that's in Loehmann's plaza). Anyway, UltraMet tastes like chocolate milk/chocolate shake depending how much ice and how much blending...really YUMMY!! Christine
Lynne M.
on 7/4/06 3:50 pm - Manassas, VA
Christine, The only way I could tolerate them (they were too thick and syrupy) was to pour the tube over ice and add a tube of water to thin it down. Lynne
(deactivated member)
on 7/6/06 1:21 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
I take the IDS Whey liquid protein and it is easy to take and not too much to drink so you can get it over with - some of those other proteins are just nasty to me! My one piece of advice - and because this is so important - try out the proteins before surgery as it is really hard to find a good one when you are feeling lousy and you need to take them as soon as you can after surgery. I had real issues with protein and spent months finding one that was pleasant to me prior to surgery. Some people can drink any of them but sadly I could not - they made me gag. So now I do Whey protein by IDS and Scifit twist. Good luck with surgery Jackie
Amber B.
on 7/6/06 1:30 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Thanks! I'm getting ready to order some soon. My nutritionist also suggested a certain vanilla protein supp blended with Ice and SugarFree Tropicana Orange Ade, I guess it's supposed to taste like the orange creamsicles. I might try that. I'm very sensitive to pad tastes. It's gonna be fun testing!
(deactivated member)
on 7/6/06 1:44 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
I hope it really does taste like that and not have a bad aftertaste! I am very sensitive ti bad tastes too and gag easily so if I can even smell the protein in it I gag. You also might want to try taking your protein in a sippy cup at first so you can't smell it...... I did that at first but my two year old son thought I was strealing his cups lol!! Jackie
Tam
on 7/3/06 3:10 am - Richmond, VA
Amber~ I can't go with the "one" piece of advice, so I will give you the advice that I give to everyone...the most important steps in you new lifestyle are getting the protein and water in and exercising. If you have not already, you should start all of that now. The vitamins and protein will aid with your healing process. Enjoy your ride! I know I sure have. ~Tammy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views