Hi all! Insurance question please!

andthensome
on 7/3/06 7:10 am - Virginia Beach, VA
I just found out that my insurance covers lap-band surgery, if it is a medical necessity. So what do I do now? Do I go to see a lap-band surgeon? My general practicioner? And then do they contact the insurance company and get me approved? I am clueless, LOL. My insurance is Cigna PPO. Thanks so much! XOXO Phoebe
rebecca P.
on 7/3/06 11:21 am - norfolk, VA
I used a doctor in NORFOLK VA... http://www.norfolk-surgical.com/nsg/index.html they do lap band .
rebecca P.
on 7/3/06 11:22 am - norfolk, VA
err i forgot to tell ya . they handled the insurance portion for me . i never had to talk to my carrier . good luck
twinkie ~.
on 7/3/06 11:42 am - norfolk, va
hi! boy i remember those days! i contacted a surgeon, tidewater surgical group. they dont require an extra charge up front. they all require you to attend a seminar. once you get the seminar out of the way, you make a consultation appt. at the seminar. at your consulation appt. they will schedule all the appt.'s you will need to get approval for the surgery, and handle all your insurance paperwork from there. they make it very easy. my dr. gave me a tentative surgery date at my consult appt. good luck on your journey. i wouldnt change things for the world. my surgery was nov. 8th and i have lost over 100 lbs. my life has completely changed and i am so grateful! lots of luck!!! susanne~
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views