4 week post op visit - I can eat Meat!

laney
on 7/3/06 6:12 am - Raleigh, NC
Had my 4 week visit today. I got my diet update. Fish, canned tuna and chicken and shaved turkey and ham.... yay. I feel like my diet has opened up a huge amount. I've got some flounder in the oven. Hopefully it will set well. I've lost a total of 20.5lbs in 4 weeks. I'm thrilled with that. (although my scale says 24lbs). I had the surgery to improve my future health and mobility and in the hope that it would eventually help to reduce my chronic pain problem. When Dr. Hutcher found massive adhesions and removed them, he removed 90% of my chronic pain. Thus accomplished 80% of the goal of the surgery. Weight loss now is gravy : ))) So now, to increase the health of my heart and muscles etc, and lose weight as a bonus. Laney : )
Amber B.
on 7/3/06 6:20 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Yay! Good for you. That's amazing. I'm very happy for you!
Christine Hood
on 7/3/06 8:10 am - Fort Eustis, VA
Congrats Laney! You will find that seafood (I've tried shrimp, crab and flounder) go down much easier than meat and chicken. It's cool because I can actually eat like 6 shrimp so ya actually feel like a normal person . I do well with canned chicken but reguar... Good luck and ENJOY! It will feel like a feast! Christine
(deactivated member)
on 7/3/06 10:43 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Laney .. Way to go .. I know when I reached this milestone , my first instinct was to run to the grocery and buy every thing on my list .. And I did .. Only to find that my eyes where way bigger than my pouch . I would reccomend highly to take it nice and easy .. keep to really soft meats at first .. Tuna - Fish . Shrimp.. even some Scallops if you like them . Always remember and I am sure you do , to chew .. chew .. chew .. I had and still do have problems remembering to do that .. Congrats on your new food changes .. it only gets better .. And Way to go on your weight shed .. I never say weight loss , cuz if you loose something I can come back LOL .. So I say I shed 200 pounds LOL .. Any hoo .. Happy Eating .. Nat
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views