Roanoke area?

Laurie C.
on 7/1/06 7:22 am - Vinton, VA
Just wondering if there was anyone out there in the Roanoke area that has had wls? I am cureently looking for any doctors in my area or surrounding that does preferably laprascopic Rny. Also if anyone has Anthem insurance was it easy to get approved? What experiences they had with getting approved with Anthem if any?
A10sFrau
on 7/1/06 1:27 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
There are quite a few WLSers in the Roanoke area. Try looking them up in the membership list, by state and city. I am north of Roanoke in Rockbridge Co. I lived in the Stewartsvile area for 14 years, though, so consider Roanoke my home-away-from-home. I was under the impression that Drs. White, Lucktong and Quioco had a patient support group down there. Hope you find some ofo those folks on line. I haven't seen any of them on line much recently. There is one member from Wirtz who had surgery recently. Good luck, Lois
Shanana
on 7/1/06 10:42 pm - Altavista, VA
Welcome to the VA Board. We have some folks who went to Roanoke here and there is one at my support group. I had mine at UVA. My Anthem approval was w/in an hour or so. Depends on your policy. When I was on my husbands policy they did not cover it. From what I have seen if they have the wls rider it is a quick approval. Hope to see more of you. Shannon
BusybeeNow
on 7/2/06 11:29 pm - RONAOKE, VA
Laurie, I had surgery with Dr. Lucktong who is absolutely wonderful. I participate in the Roanoke area support group; it is open to anyone considering surgery, waiting for or has already had surgery. There is actually a meeting tonight at the Crystal Springs auditorium at 7:00. I will not be able to make this one because my aerobics class interferes tonight. This will be the first I have missed one in over a year and a half. Anyways, I had surgery with Dr. Lucktong in Oct. 05 and I have lost 130 lbs as of this morning. Carillion has a wonderful before and after care program; the after being the most important. Send me an e-mail if you have questions or just want to chat about it. KD
BusybeeNow
on 7/3/06 3:09 am - RONAOKE, VA
Laurie, Congrats! on your decision to peruse surgery. I had surgery with Dr. Lucktong in Oct. 2005. It was the best decision I have made. I have lost 130 lbs since (although I sill have some to loose). Dr. Lucktong is wonderful and the Carilion before and after care program is great (after care being the most important). There is a support meeting the first Monday of every month at the Crystal Spring Auditorium at 7:00. There is one tonight but I am unable to attend b/c of my aerobics class tonight. This will be the first one I have missed in a 1 1/2 years. The meeting is open to anyone considering surgery, waiting for surgery, or post-op, and is a great way to find out information and ask questions. Anyways, I can't say enough about Dr. Lucktong, I have no issues with food and many of his patients I have spoke to have very little if any. My mom is scheduled for surgery with him July 29th. If you want to chat or have questions please feel free to e-mail me. K
BusybeeNow
on 7/3/06 4:21 am - RONAOKE, VA
Sorry, did not mean to post twice but it took FOREVER for the firt one to show up!
(deactivated member)
on 7/3/06 4:49 am - Yakima, WA
New member's posts are moderated (have to be approved) for the first 5 days of posting. I approved both of these - as I wasn't sure which one you intended the other to receive Sorry for the confusion. ~Tooter OH Staff
deltawoman10
on 7/3/06 2:52 pm - Roanoke, VA
: wave: I have attended the support group the other member mentioned. My surgeon is Dr. Bruce Long and his office is on Brambleton AVE. I am scheduled for surgery (LAP RNY) on 7/31. Good luck! Mo
Bigdanva70
on 7/5/06 12:26 am - Radford, VA
Hi there, I had mine done by Dr. Bruce Long. I would highly recommond him. Him and his Nurse (Sue) are great. He can be a little short at the beginning but he warms up soon afterwards. His office takes care of all the insurance stuff. I have Anthem also and it was no problem. if you want more details just let me know. Dan
Iamspoi1ed
on 7/5/06 1:46 pm - Roanoke, VA
Hey Laurie... I just moved back to Roanoke a couple months ago. Dr. Hutcher did my surgery but since I have been back, I have seen Dr. White. He seems to be really good. (cant lie though, I miss Dr. Hutcher!) U should check on him though, he was very knowledgeable and left a good impression on me. Good Luck! Feel free to email me if u need anything! Bye for now.. Mary
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views