Heartfelt Thanks to...

A10sFrau
on 6/30/06 11:28 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Thank you one and all who have held my family in your prayers this week. Thank you to my friend and colleague for all her visits, calls, food and support this week. Thank you to JoAnn and Tammy C. who made it all the way out to Effinger to Cody's celebration. Thank you to all who sent sympathy and condolences by way of JoAnnn and Tammy. Thank you Melinda for your card. This has been a long, tiring and emotional week. I pray not one of you ever has to go through this. I have not been able to exercise at all until my long walk this evening. I ran into two of Cody's friends while walking and had to tell her story again. Guess I'll be able to do that without crying eventually. On the food side--despite my not exercising I have lost 7 pounds in 6 days. I did get in at least 2 protein drinks everyday, but Monday and Thursday I only managed few small bites because of continuous errands AND visitors. It also feels like my stomach may have shrunk back some. I cannot hold as much at one time as I did in the middle of last week. Last night I was able to sleep 9 hours and now feel much better. I had only been getting 3-4 hours earlier in the week. I turned in early last night, after I felt dizzy twice. My son has been more affectionate, appreciate, helpful and attentive and has tried to remind me to get in my evening pills. Two diff. evenings I had been so busy I forgot them. One of Co's Effinger friends came to the house this morning to help pull out the old basketball goal and to get Co's grooming trailer turned around and back up to the end of the driveway. Dusty is not comfortable with the trailer and this young man was a Godsend, as usual. Friends of Co's have invited me to get a bite to eat with them tonight, but I may end up falling sleep first. I never was much of a night owl. Tomorrow I intend to get in a very early walk. I want to get back to my hiking, but I don't know if I could stand going on the same trail Co and I were on last Saturday. I'll have to see how I feel tomorrow about that. Tuesday is the annual Poker Run for the SPCA which culminates at the Parade Deck (Drill Field) at VMI where they have the balloons and vendors. I have asked my son to join in. We both made the ride last year and Co regreted not going with us. It would be nice for both of us to ride in her honor this year, I think. Love to you all, and PLEASE hold your loved ones close and tell them how much they mean to you. You never know when your last day will come. Lois
prissy25
on 6/30/06 12:14 pm - Barboursville, VA
Lois sweetie you are so so right about not knowing when the last day may be, I learned this last July when we lost my father at 59 it was a quick death he had been stung by bees while weedeating on a sunday morning. So you say no truer words when you say love your loved ones and tell them everyday how much they mean to you, because we just never know. We lost a friend 34 an her 12 yr old daughter this week due to an accident w/ the rain this morther left behind her husband an a 4yr old and Im sure when she left that morning she had no clue she would never return. Death is so final and when there gone there gone. Do I feel our pain and HERE your words, as I hope other will do the same. Hugs to You Lois and love you hope to see you soon. And I think the ride in your daughters honer is a great thing and she would want you to do it.
Amy B.
on 6/30/06 12:47 pm - Hampton Roads, VA
Dear Lois, I continue to hold you and yours in prayer and in thought. You are certainly a lady to be admired for your strength and bravery and the grace with which you have handled all this. Please take care of yourself. Love, Amy
*~Tigger~ *
on 6/30/06 12:49 pm - Staunton, VA
Lois, I was honored to be there to celebrate Cody's life with so many others. She was a beautiful young woman who obviously touched many people in so many wonderful ways. You did a great job with her; you should be proud. You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. You are so right; we all need to let those we care about know that they are special to us. Life is simply too short. You are special to me, JoAnn
(deactivated member)
on 6/30/06 10:17 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Lois, Please know that I was with you in spririt . I have printed all of your post and gave them to both of my young adult children . Cody's absence here on earth is not in vain ... it will help others like MY Amy and Will and countless others . Cherish your memories of her .. as I know you will .. she is still with you on each step you take ... on each hike you take .. on each ride you take ... Much love to you .. and Peace my friend . Natalie
(deactivated member)
on 6/30/06 11:25 pm - Fairfax Station, VA
Hi Lois, I have been thinking so much of you, and your family. You have been in not only my thoughts, but my prayers as well. Please Lois, take this time to just get yourself together. It will takie time. It seems strange to say this, but it's true, time does heal. It will become easier to talk about, but not for awhile. Give yourself that space. Love you Lois, and please let me know if there is anything that I can do for you. love donna
Christine Hood
on 7/1/06 4:04 am - Fort Eustis, VA
My prayers continue to be with you Lois. Hugs Christine
Torrie
on 7/1/06 12:19 pm
I'm very sorry for your loss. For some reason, I found your profile last year and have followed your progress and I just happened to think about you on Thursday for some reason and went to the VA site and found out what happened. I can't imagine what you're going through. Please keep moving in your positive direction. Vickie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views