Fills for daughter in Virginia area????

CarolNS
on 7/1/06 5:52 am - Ocean Isle Beach, NC
Hello Everyone, I am posting on behalf of my daughter. She was banded in Monterry, Mexico this past April. I am trying to help her locate a qualified/understanding doctor for her after-care/fills. She has had only 1 fill. The doctor in Winston-Salem who did the fill totally ripped her off. ($500.00+.) She has no restriction at all at this point and time. She said it is as if she has nothing in her at all. In her job, she has the territories of Virginia and West Virginia. Some of the towns she mentioned were.....Christianburg, Roanoke, Salem, and Bluefield and Princeton. Is there anyone out there who knows of a doctor who will take her on as a patient? She was very mislead prior to her surgery. She was told because of her lower BMI, she must go out of the country for her surgery. Now, she is having such a hard time getting her after care and fills, which are so very important in her weight loss journey. Hopefully, someone out there can help us out with this very serious problem. Thanks for much, Carol Slate
(deactivated member)
on 7/1/06 12:39 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Carol, Right now the boards are slow due to the holiday weekend . I bet come early next week some of our folks in the western part of the state can help you . If she ever comes to the Richmond Area , Commonwealth Surgeons is my doctors and Dr. Martin there does the lap band . But I am sure that someone living out in the western part of the state will be able to assist you . Much luck to your daughter . Natalie
Shanana
on 7/1/06 10:39 pm - Altavista, VA
She may want to check White and Lucktong in Roanoke. Uva does the lap bad as well in Charlottesville. There was a lady that moved here from out of town having the same problem. Her insurance would not cover alot of the hospitals and she was checking w/ Roanoke last I heard. Hope she works it out. Shannon Happy 4th
J A.
on 7/2/06 12:00 am - Southwest, VA
Carol, The doctor I see is in Lebanon, Virginia at Russell County Medical Center. This hospital is small but has been approved as a Center of Excellence. Dr. Robert Sass is the doctor who does the lap band surgeries. I think he would do fills for your daughter. You or she could call and ask about it. The main hospital number is 276-883-8000. They also have a website appalachiancenterforobesitysurgery.com/index.html You will have to put the http://www. in front of the address. Jan
Ernurse323
on 7/2/06 12:00 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Wow...this is a tough one. I would start going down the phone book. Explain the situation. Some practice will take her. Good Luck. I am sorry about what happened. Dana
(deactivated member)
on 7/3/06 3:15 am - delete, Canada
Dr. Martin of commonwealth surgeons did my lapband and is wonderfull. However i have NO idea if she takes on patients from Mexico. I know alot of lapband doctors in the states will NOT take patients banded in Mexico. I wish you daughter luck in finding a good doctor.
BusybeeNow
on 7/3/06 4:34 am - RONAOKE, VA
Dr. White is the only surgeon in the Roanoke area that does the banding so I would assume the only one who does the fills. He is in practice with my surgeon. They are at Carilion Surgical P# (540) 342-6346. I have met Dr. White and hear great things about him. Good Luck!!! (p.s. I am not sure if they accept another surgeons patients but it's worth a try). K
CarolNS
on 7/3/06 5:54 am - Ocean Isle Beach, NC
Hi Busy Bee, Thank you for your response. I just called Dr. White's office. Spoke with a nice young lady name Michelle. She sounded "positive" and is going to have Dr. White give my daugher a call. I'll keep my fingers crossed!! Thanks so much, Carol Slate
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views