I need some encouragement!

Kim-150
on 6/29/06 11:06 am - Richmond, VA
I am 60 days into my 6 month doctor supervised weight loss that my insurance requires for possible approval. I have lost a whopping 3 pounds on my 1200 calorie a day diet! Somebody tell me it's worth the weight... I mean WAIT!!!
Ernurse323
on 6/29/06 11:39 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Hmmmmmmmmmmm.. 2 months down, 4 to go !! We all know how time "ticks away" until we are waiting for something in the future that we really want...LOL Just remind yourself what it was like when you were a little girl at Christmas..waiting impatiently for the big morning!! And before you know it the New Year will be here and you will be ready to roll !!! We have all been where you are and probably felt the same way. I know I did. This is a life changing event. Just remember..everyday is one day closer !!! Hang in there !!! Dana
*~Tigger~ *
on 6/29/06 1:22 pm - Staunton, VA
Honey, it is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO worth it! You can do it! JoAnn
David@Goal
on 6/29/06 7:40 pm - VA
WORTH IT!!!! WORTH IT!!!!! Stick to it, then join us on our amazing journey!!! David ps: which hospital/doc?
Amber B.
on 6/29/06 11:02 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
I've been waiting years, Kim. I have no doubt it will be worth it. Just think this time next summer, you'll probably be looking pretty good in a new bathing suit! By the time your 4 months is up, if you're hanging around here, you'll be an expert and be healthy in no time. I'm sending good thoughts your way, Amber
Amy B.
on 6/29/06 11:49 pm - Hampton Roads, VA
Hi Kim... Thankfully I didn't have to deal with this to get approval but maybe you could look at it this way; first of all....60 days are history. Just deal with today. Time goes by faster in the summer so by the end of it...there goes another 60. All you have to do is the best you can do. You're going for surgery because other plans have failed you. 1200 calories isn't much if you are a big woman. It's like the bare basics. If you've done a lot of dieting in the past your body could be rebelling against yet another diet or period of what it sees as being deprived. Try to look at it as getting in shape for your surgery....looking and working on eating healthier. Maybe you could use some of this time to explore some protein options that you'll need to rely on after your surgery! Many are very filling, give you lots of energy and have the added benefits of being low in carbs and calories. Is it worth the wait.....OMG YES! Having just had the surgery if I knew then what I know now even after only one week....I would have done ANYTHING....jumped through ANY hoop for however long in order to get this done. As it was I had to wait nearly two years on a list.....a year before I even got to go to an orientation. You can do this! You go girl!!!! Amy
Kim-150
on 6/30/06 12:19 am - Richmond, VA
Thanks everyone. I hate to be a whiner! You guys are so supportive and I have read everything on this site, including your bios. Thanks for being such inspirations. I just hate going to the doctor's office every month to weigh. I feel like such a cow when the scale barely moves. I feel like the nurses are thinking " yeah, sure I BET she is sticking to the diet!". My doctor didn't give me a diet, just told me to eat between 1000 to 1200 calories and exercise everyday. I wish I would have thought of that!!! I travel for work, and last month had to ask for a seat belt extension on the plane for the first time. Then I was sitting in a exit row, and the flight attendant came by and said " You have on an extension! You can't sit in the exit row with that! We will have to move you!" I felt like crawling under the seat!. I just took the extension off, gave it to her, sucked in and buckled the regular belt. When we were getting off the plane she said "sorry about the extension belt!" I wanted to take that stupid belt and choke her with it! I travel to Europe next month and am dreading the travel part already. There I go whining again!!!
Betsy Anitahug
on 6/30/06 1:28 am - Danville, VA
Oh Honey, Do I know from experience where you are coming from.....I stayed on a 1000 calorie diet for 6 months and only lost 16 pounds!!!! Every pound was a struggle. I was so depressed when I left the dr office and he wouldn't set up the surgery until I lost weight...I got insurance approval in April and he didn't do the surgery until the middle of December. Don't give up...It is worth it....today I am 80 pounds down and the same dr is really happy with me. I only have another 45 to go til I get to goal weight!!!! Life is amazing after the surgery! I used to write down every calorie that went in my mouth and I somedays didn't hit 1000 calories!!!! It just wouldn't budge!!! Just don't give up..you will get there, Sweetie...I am on your side!!! Hugs, Betsy
Lelandmm
on 6/30/06 3:18 am - Chesapeake, VA
Kim, I had to wait almost a year! My PCP thought GB was covered under my HMO and it wasn't. So when her refferal clerk got the form, (March 2003) she just threw it away. She never called me, sent me a letter NOTHING to tell me it wasn't covered. If she had processed it, my insurance would have sent me a denial letter. 4 months later, I find out my insurance doesn't cover it. How nice, I just missed open enrollment! So I had to wait until April of 2004 to switch. I finally had it in Aug 04. But my insurance stopped covering it period in 2004, so my husband was never able to get a GB. The only good thing is, it gave me a full year to research surgeons, and things like supplements for my post op life. By the time I could switch insurance, and have my consult, I was READY! Just see this time as a benefit. You've got 4 more months to prove to need the surgery. It will SO be worth it in the long run! Leland
TammyNVA
on 6/30/06 7:29 am - Chesterfield, VA
YOU CAN DO IT!!! Think about all the stupid stuff we end up having to do in life... THIS time, you are getting a GREAT GREAT reward at the end... A whole new, WONDERFUL life!~ Hang in there, only 4 months to go... Hugs, Tammy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views